White Labs Vials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otterella

Reaction score
I love the little vials! So good for repurposing. I recently started brewing, so I've only collected four so far, but I foresee amassing quite a hoard of them. Share with me your most clever uses for these little gems.

I make my own shampoo and the vial is perfect for mixing it up. I fill it 1/2 full of tea tree castille soap and 1/2 coconut milk. Swirl it up, and I get two shampoos out of it, which is perfect for how long the coconut milk stays good. That may be a bit girly for a board dominated by men, but I hope you appreciate my DIY nature.

I can also foresee using them for mixing up a cocoa powder slurry for a cup of hot chocolate, or Popsicle molds for the kids. Any other ideas?

If you go to White Labs webpage, there are instructions on how to redeem empty vials for free yeast, t-shirts and other stuff.

Yes! And the only really want the labels, so you can use the vials for whatever you want too. Little piece of trivia, the vials are the same thing used to make 2 liter bottles for soda....just not "inflated".

Search Baby Soda Bottles on Amazon and you will find them for sale. They are great for storing and freezing yeast (see article in signature).

I have a brewing friend who collects older coins. As I find them in my change I drop them into a vial. When it fills up I'm going to give it to him.

I'll be making some tap handles soon with mine. One with grain in it and another with whole leaf hops

Back