National Homebrew Day Giveaway - Enter Now - Weekend Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > How long is cider good in the bottle?

Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
EmLo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default How long is cider good in the bottle?

Just bottled my 3rd batch of cider, and I was wondering how long it is safe to leave it in the bottle? I have sanitised, but there are no preservatives. Does the alcohol and sterile environment keep it good for months? A year? Longer?

Old 11-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 5631 Times on 4040 Posts
Likes Given: 1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmLo View Post
Just bottled my 3rd batch of cider, and I was wondering how long it is safe to leave it in the bottle? I have sanitised, but there are no preservatives. Does the alcohol and sterile environment keep it good for months? A year? Longer?
Depending on the ABV (more alcohol = more preservative effect) and the storage conditions, a year to five years is about right.

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 11-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
laker
Recipes 

I left a batch of cider that I made with no manufactured yeast in the original oak whiskey bbl that I made it in for 12 years and it kept getting better and better by the year .Wonder how much difference there is storing cider in glass compared to oak bbl's.