Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Possible infection in bottle (anyone seen this before?)
Old 11-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Possible infection in bottle (anyone seen this before?)

Hi all. Sorry up front for not being able to put up a picture, the beer is in a brown bottle and any pictures I take don't show anything. I bottled a stout about ten days ago. I cracked one open last night and it tasted great, although under-carbed. I was gently swishing the bottles this morning when I noticed in one of them there was a lump of gooey white stuff at the bottom of one of the bottles. Then I started looked at the other bottles and I noticed that when I turned them upside down there was a gooeyish white substance that was on the bottom of the bottle and would stick to the surface of the beer when I turned it upside down. Has anyone seen this before? I am hoping that it is just the yeast and priming sugar combining to make some kind of ectoplasmic-esk reside or something. I did not notice it in the bottle I tried last night, but I also didn't look so there is no way to tell if that bottle had it. I would appreciate any insight you can give me. Thanks a bunch.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
struggling author
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 3253 Times on 2811 Posts
Likes Given: 2367

That's just yeast worries.
My sci-fi & home brewing books on amazon-kindle now! New additions coming!
NEW, REVISED EDITION of book one of Time Lords 2034 series now on Amazon Kindle!
My homebrewing book "Tippy Tippy Tappy" on Kindle!
Pyg Likes This