Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > how to tell diff between pin lock and ball lock

Old 11-27-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
BrewManRon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default how to tell diff between pin lock and ball lock

I am having difficulty with a keg... not pouring correctly. I can see there is air intrusion into the draft line.
I have changed all o-rings and seals, connectors, everything... even swapped draft lines to make sure... it is coming from the keg/disconnect somewhere.
I have ensured that the connections are all tight... it is really pissing me off!
The keg itself is a bit shorter than the other kegs I have and am wondering if there is something else (type of keg) that I may be overlooking.

Any additional thoughts/ideas are MOST welcome.
Thanks!

Old 11-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
zachattack
Recipes 

Liked 267 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Sounds like the beer out (liquid) dip tube o-ring may be compromised. Have you removed the post and dip tube to check it out?

Old 12-05-2012, 02:36 AM   #3
BrewManRon
Recipes 

I did verify the seal on the dip tube and all connections and cleaned everything that I could tear apart and inspect.
I am still at a loss.

I have ordered all new piece/parts in hopes that I have missed something, but so far... no luck