Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Sabco Brewmagic - why do newbies sell them soon after buying them?

Old 11-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #11
PacificNWBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Agree with Lando... When I started the hobby, I REALLY wanted a sabco. All that shinny bling... Almost pulled the trigger with my bonus but decided to hold off. I'm glad I did because had I bought it, I'd probably be selling it. Not because I need the money or have decided not to brew but because there just isn't a good reason for a NEW hobbiest to spend $6k+ on a system that they may not understand. $6k right off the bat is a hefty price for a hobby.

I've been brewing extract brews for years and have finally acquired enough equipment but most importantly, enough knowledge to attempt an AG. I know it may taste like ass but I'm excited to try. That's the best part for me. Trial and error. Practice makes perfect.