Gold Rush - Jungle Gold - Page 8 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Gold Rush - Jungle Gold

Old 12-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #71
reinstone

Recipes 

Sep 2011
, IL
Liked 117 Times on 97 Posts

I dont think I have seen two shows where operations are run by complete morons. for some reason-I never miss an episode though.....

Next season-Damnit we forgot to buy our equipment again-lost 3 weeks of the season.
Lagering:Kolsch, Dusseldorf alt
American Amber, Red ale
Double ipa, Rye ipa
Fermenting: German pils
Wheat 1,Wheat 2
All to be kegged and served by May 10

Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #72
Gear101

Recipes 

Nov 2010
USA
Liked 73 Times on 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stixobutta View Post
Did any one notice that Tony Beets wife called Parker son-in-law to be when they got to Big Nugget? Good man Parker! It was 50/50 wether or not Tony would cut his d**k off or have a good old klondike shot gun wedding for looking at his daughter!
YES i saw that too, but he's a good kid. or maybe she is just warning him.
Islamorada Pale Ale by Island Time Brewery

Stainless is Painless

Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #73
Camping57
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Rockford, IL
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Tony asked Parker if he would see him up in the Klondike and he said yes; I can see him setting up next to Toad and actually running an operation that gets gold. I would like to see Parker hit a pay streak somewhere, he seems like a pretty decent guy; Tony seems to like him, and I get the feeling he doesn't like too many people.
Come to think of it, I bet all those jars of gold are from Tony Beets' claim when Parker goes up their to join their 'family'.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #74
aygov

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoppyDaze View Post
He can't help that the trommel guy screwed him so bad
It's Toad's fault for buying from a guy who obviously didn't have the facility nor the know how to deliver. According to the show, all they saw of this super trommel was one sitting under a foot of snow. If you're going to swap out such an integral part of your mining operation one would think you'd want to see what you're buying in action before you wrote a check...

Old 12-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #75
+HopSpunge+

Recipes 

Sep 2012
buffalo, new york
Liked 65 Times on 52 Posts

I agree, Toad spending that much money on the trommel without seeing one work was pretty darn dumb. Toad should have been a little wiser. I really just love his new nickname "Toad" and enjoy writting it and thats why I posted. Toad is a perfect nickname for him. I just wish whoever thought of "Toad" could come up with a real good one for stingey Fred. He diserves it more than Toad.

aygov Likes This 
Old 12-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #76
evolcoms
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Hemet, Ca
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by +HopSpunge+ View Post
I agree, Toad spending that much money on the trommel without seeing one work was pretty darn dumb. Toad should have been a little wiser .
I learned he was stupid when he pulled "Old Blue" down. Why would you trash your only way to mine gold when your waiting for the new machine to arrive? Dumb! I'm not surprised with Toads actions.

Edit: Can we say Slow Learner!?

Beers
In the Works: Peach Berry Wheat Ale
Conditioning: Blue Moon Clone, Double O' Blossom Honey Hefeweizen
In the Fridge:Blind Pig IPA, Raspberry Wheat Ale, Capt. Cascade American Amber Ale
Ciders
Primary #1: Carmel Apple Cider 4 weeks on 01/16/13 Primary #2: Spiced Apple Cider 2 weeks on 01/17/13

Old 12-19-2012, 01:53 AM   #77
acefaser
Recipes 

Feb 2011
firestone, co
Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolcoms View Post
I learned he was stupid when he pulled "Old Blue" down. Why would you trash your only way to mine gold when your waiting for the new machine to arrive? Dumb! I'm not surprised with Toads actions.

Edit: Can we say Slow Learner!?
x2. Maybe they payed him to rip it down to get better ratings.
Ripping old blue down was the stupidest thing he could have done. he knew the other trommel wasn't going to be ready for at least 2 more weeks. Just because it wasn't the most efficient machine doesn't mean it wont produce gold. 60% efficiency (so he claimed) is better than 0%. Toad is the moron of the show.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #78
chefmatthew
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Staten Island, New York
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Sorry its just another fake reality show.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #79
+HopSpunge+

Recipes 

Sep 2012
buffalo, new york
Liked 65 Times on 52 Posts

Wtf. That episode sucked ballz. Camera men filming camera men.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #80
acefaser
Recipes 

Feb 2011
firestone, co
Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by +HopSpunge+ View Post
Wtf. That episode sucked ballz. Camera men filming camera men.
Agree. This show is going down hill fast. Chock it up with all the other fake reality shows. I thought this one was halfway real when it started. Between Toads idiotic thinking and the repetitiveness of the shows are starting to wear on me. It seams like the start of each show and after every commercial there is a repeat of so much information that you end up watching the show 10 times by the end of the season.