Gold Rush - Jungle Gold - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Gold Rush - Jungle Gold

Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #31
aygov
Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts

Tony Beets is a guy you do a one shot episode on about how gold mining works. After one episode the same back and forth and producing gold would become insanely boring.

I don't know about Dave's wash plant. It's designed by that guy who seems to know his stuff about gold recovery so perhaps the plot isn't as super awesome as they thought? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they never did test drill it so the only thing they have to go off of is the word of the guy who is leasing it to them and that one pan they did after they removed the overburden. It would be shame if it's a bum plot. Part of me really wants Dave to carry team hoffman and make Toad look like an even bigger bearded tool.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #32
Ryush806
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Shreveport, Louisiana
Liked 92 Times on 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aygov
Part of me really wants Dave to carry team hoffman and make Toad look like an even bigger bearded tool.
Fo sho!

Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.
- Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-01-2012, 01:38 AM   #33
+HopSpunge+
Recipes 

Sep 2012
buffalo, new york
Liked 65 Times on 52 Posts

Time to see if this fancy trommel thing even works .

Old 12-01-2012, 04:21 AM   #34
Ryush806

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Shreveport, Louisiana

I just saw a commercial during Jungle Gold with Toad saying "It's over for Indian River." What?! They just had a 55 oz run. Who knows what will happen in next weeks episode but I call BS! I bet its just Discovery trying to force drama buildup...as they are wont to do...

Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.
- Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #35
usfmikeb
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Leesburg, Virginia
Liked 238 Times on 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aygov View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they never did test drill it
No, they test drilled it. This is actually the plot where they ran their first test drill, the one that was on the wrong plot.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #36
usfmikeb
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Leesburg, Virginia
Liked 238 Times on 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryush806 View Post
I just saw a commercial during Jungle Gold with Toad saying "It's over for Indian River." What?! They just had a 55 oz run. Who knows what will happen in next weeks episode but I call BS! I bet its just Discovery trying to force drama buildup...as they are wont to do...
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I think that the new trommel and all the dirt they built up at Quartz Creek kills it next week, and they're referring to the 500 oz competition between the two sites. Either that or Dave's new wash plant blows up in a major way.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:21 AM   #37
HoppyDaze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Wilsonville, OR
Liked 2319 Times on 1616 Posts

Jungle Gold is unwatachable. Removed from dvr. I hope they all fail.

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Advice for posting

Old 12-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #38
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Liked 1655 Times on 1070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryush806 View Post
They pulled 55oz at Big Nugget, not Indian River.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #39
Ryush806

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Shreveport, Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M

They pulled 55oz at Big Nugget, not Indian River.
I stand corrected. Thanks!

It was 30 oz at Indian River which is still nothing to sneeze at. I had gotten into a few homebrews before I posted last night

- Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #40
aygov
Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usfmikeb View Post
No, they test drilled it. This is actually the plot where they ran their first test drill, the one that was on the wrong plot.
So they did and I stand corrected.

Apparently the gold is a bit deeper than they expected so there is still hope for Dave's team.