Gold Rush - Jungle Gold - Page 22 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Gold Rush - Jungle Gold

Old 02-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #211
aygov

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts

Well, IMO the season finale was a bit meh...

Surprise surprise Team Toad got the most gold.... but failed to get their 1000 ounces. Also they seem to be finally getting a grip on the Klondike and now they are going pull up sticks and go mining in South America... The lols continue with them. Greg is going to be "Exploring other options." which I think means he's tired of being a part of Toads farce of a mining operation. I would laugh if he hired on with Parker.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #212
Darwin18

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Garner, NC
Liked 952 Times on 668 Posts

Agreed the season finale was anti-climatic, but to be honest gold mining isn't the best setting for a drama. I also really despised the producer for Gold Rush who tried to push petty arguments in his questions to the three crews.

I was pleased to see the Dakotas and Parker make their goals for the year. They made up some impressive ground especially at the end. I have no idea how the Dakotas are going to get mining equipment up to the top of that glacier, but it certainly appears to be very rich and profitable ground. I hope to see Parker succeed next year in the Klondike working with Tony. Both crews seemed to have learned a lot this year and should be able to apply their success to the next season.

As for Toad...no surprise they fell short of their goal of 1,000 ounces. He essentially sabatoged their season from the start by getting rid of a perfectly usable trommel and replacing it with the experimental one that failed. Epically. I believe they only recovered nine ounces of gold with the equipment from Quartz Creek. The rest came out of Indian River. I was also surprised that for the Quartz Creek crew didn't have more paydirt stockpiled with several months of downtime.

I no longer feel pity for Turin. If he is stupid enough to follow Toad to South America after this season then he gets everything he deserves.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #213
jww9618

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Little Elm, Texas
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Did anyone catch the "other" finale episode? I think it came on Saturday afternoon. It had a lot of the same footage as the live show with a little more detail. It also showed the crews weighing their final gold on the claims. It was basically what the finale should have been, just like the previous 2 season finale's. I wasn't a fan of the live show. Cristo Doyle did a pretty bad job IMHO. I agree with Darwin18 that he tried to push the miners into arguments.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #214
HoppyDaze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Wilsonville, OR
Liked 2455 Times on 1714 Posts

It looked like Toad snorted an ounce of cocaine before the show started. Very common practice (more like meth) in the town he comes from.

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Advice for posting

FermentNEthinG Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 01:03 AM   #215
Darwin18

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Garner, NC
Liked 952 Times on 668 Posts

I was also not surprised to note that Toad was wearing either an Ed Hardy or a knock-off Ed Hardy shirt during the live show.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #216
Im_Lars
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Sunny Puget Sound
Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoppyDaze View Post
It looked like Toad snorted an ounce of cocaine before the show started. Very common practice (more like meth) in the town he comes from.
OK it wasn't just me. I thought Todd was acting a little weirder than normal.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #217
aygov

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts

Yea, the live format was lame.

Christo needs to stick to producing the show and stop shoving himself in front of the camera all the time. You could tell every time he read off the prompter because he would break in to the horrible robotic reading voice. If they are going to continue down this road they should take a lesson from Deadliest Catch and get a guy in who is actually entertaining on camera.

I also thought it was pretty funny that toad wanted to pick a bone with everyone about that episode where they all made fun of him. Man up. All he's done is made terrible decision after decision and then you get all hurt because people call you on it...

Old 08-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #218
+HopSpunge+

Recipes 

Sep 2012
buffalo, new york
Liked 65 Times on 52 Posts

Now Toad is in the jungle breaking stuff. Wtf.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #219
HoppyDaze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Wilsonville, OR
Liked 2455 Times on 1714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by +HopSpunge+
He's gonna get aids

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Advice for posting

Old 08-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #220
FermentNEthinG

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Homebrew Haven, NY
Liked 1015 Times on 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by +HopSpunge+
How did they get all 50 RV's into the jungle I wonder.