Gold Rush - Jungle Gold - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Gold Rush - Jungle Gold

Old 11-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #11
aygov

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL
Liked 107 Times on 84 Posts

I think Discovery pays Todd to make retarded decisions. There wouldn't be much of a show if everyday was, "So we got a few more ounces and everything is running smoothly." Him ripping the wash plant out and Dave somehow managing to test drill the wrong plot of land seem kind of like staged disasters to me.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #12
evolcoms
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Hemet, Ca
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

It's a reality tv show...... The people in the show get no money, only if they start doing commercials

Beers
In the Works: Peach Berry Wheat Ale
Conditioning: Blue Moon Clone, Double O' Blossom Honey Hefeweizen
In the Fridge:Blind Pig IPA, Raspberry Wheat Ale, Capt. Cascade American Amber Ale
Ciders
Primary #1: Carmel Apple Cider 4 weeks on 01/16/13 Primary #2: Spiced Apple Cider 2 weeks on 01/17/13

Old 11-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
evolcoms
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Hemet, Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkings52
Why are you going to go all the way up to Northern California I have heard there is gold mining up in Holcomb Valley up near Big Bear. Might be away to go get your feet wet with out traveling all the way to Alaska.
From what I've searched and read online, the best places would be northern cali, but I have heard about big bear. Like you said, maybe a good place to get my feet wet

Beers
In the Fridge:Blind Pig IPA, Raspberry Wheat Ale, Capt. Cascade American Amber Ale
Ciders
Primary #1: Carmel Apple Cider 4 weeks on 01/16/13 Primary #2: Spiced Apple Cider 2 weeks on 01/17/13

Old 11-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #14
Ryush806
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Shreveport, Louisiana
Liked 92 Times on 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolcoms
It's a reality tv show...... The people in the show get no money, only if they start doing commercials
Says who?

Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.
- Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #15
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Liked 1658 Times on 1071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolcoms View Post
No, the grey area between documentary and reality TV is what separates paychecks from no paychecks. Snooki made 30k per episode. Still sure about that?

Old 11-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #16
Airplanedoc

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Illinois, Outside the peoples Republic of Madigan
Liked 394 Times on 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
Snooki made 30k per episode. Still sure about that?
That is about 60K/episode too much

People Like This 
Old 11-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
aygov

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolcoms View Post
They get paid by Discovery. It's not like Discovery just showed up on a random gold mine, shot an episode, then left. This is a show completely about these guys. Discovery is making a tidy profit off of it and the cast is entitled to some of it.

Do you honestly think that the crab fisherman, the american chopper guys, and the rest of them are allowing Discovery to shoot them and rake in massive rating profits without getting a cut?

Old 11-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #18
evolcoms
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Hemet, Ca

For me I think they shouldn't get paid, so yes I guess I do believe they get no payment from the said shows, but I'm sure I can be wrong. I swear I watched an episode of After the Catch where a fan asked if they get any compensation from discovery and they said no.

Beers
Ciders

Old 11-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #19
aygov

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Palos Hills, IL

I think it's pretty obvious Discovery is bank rolling the Hoffman portion of Gold Rush.

First season they laid out like 250k for equipment and everything. Supposedly everyone except Dave was down on their luck unemployed and about to be foreclosed on. After season one they got, what, 10k in gold? How did anyone stay afloat then? 240k in the whole no jobs and yet they somehow manage to scrape up enough to not only give season 2 a go, but get bigger equipment...

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy watching the show. I just realize that it's not really real (if that makes any sense).

Old 11-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #20
Ryush806
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Shreveport, Louisiana
Liked 92 Times on 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aygov
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy watching the show. I just realize that it's not really real (if that makes any sense).
Kinda like professional wrestling but with less spandex...

Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.
- Thomas Jefferson

aygov Likes This