How much/what kind of yeast for bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velorider11

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I brewed an extract Delirium Tremens clone 7 weeks ago and I'm going to be bottling Friday. It attenuated a bit more than I expected and it's a tad over 10%. I want it to be fairly effervescent so I want to reyeast to make sure it carbs properly. I used Belgian yeast. Can I get a recommendation of what yeast to use for that high alcohol envirionment and how much for the 5 gallon batch. It's been in primary the whole time - no secondary for this one. Thanks

What yeast did you used at first? The are some high gravity belgian yeast that can go till 13%abv so you should be ok

In "brew like a monk" we learn that trapists pitch the same yeast (similar yeast) before bottling.

There are some people who also use champagne yeast but there a some concern about the yeast eating more sugar and letting you with a different taste...

Back