Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Who can relate?

Old 11-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
Brulosopher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 292 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 199

Default Who can relate?

I'm assuming anyone who has a kegerator or keezer and invites friends/family over for parties:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-148818046.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	84736

Permanently attached

Latest Article from Brulosophy: Sloppy Old Slurry Starter vs. Fresh Yeast | exBEERiment Results!

List of exBEERiments

How To Easily Harvest Clean Yeast from Starters

Make Good Lager in Less Time!

Marshall "Brulosopher" Schott

Old 11-20-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts
Likes Given: 6068

I totally get that and I don't think it's exclusive to keggers. From personal experience this happens just as readily with bottled beer. The controlling factor seems to be availability and not method of delivery.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter
Pappers_ Likes This 
Old 11-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
Brulosopher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukebrewer
I totally get that and I don't think it's exclusive to keggers. From personal experience this happens just as readily with bottled beer. The controlling factor seems to be availability and not method of delivery.
Amen.

Latest Article from Brulosophy: Sloppy Old Slurry Starter vs. Fresh Yeast | exBEERiment Results!

List of exBEERiments

Old 11-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #4
Brulosopher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukebrewer
Amen.

List of exBEERiments

Old 11-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
RM-MN
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1139 Times on 927 Posts
Likes Given: 591

I have a rule that takes care of that. When you are drinking at my house, you can only have as much to drink as I do and since I limit myself to one bottle per day, that's all anyone else gets too. Haven't had a drunk here ever except for the neighbor that was drunk when he arrived and he didn't get any beer.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Brulosopher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM-MN
I have a rule that takes care of that. When you are drinking at my house, you can only have as much to drink as I do and since I limit myself to one bottle per day, that's all anyone else gets too. Haven't had a drunk here ever except for the neighbor that was drunk when he arrived and he didn't get any beer.
That simply would not work for me... I have 6 taps; if I limited myself to 1 pint per day I'd be brewing once per year... I currently make 20 gallons per month. Ahem

List of exBEERiments

Old 11-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 456 Times on 370 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM-MN View Post
Well. I bet your parties are a blast..

Life's good when there aren't any drama-addicts in your life.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana
Pappers_ Likes This 
Old 11-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #8
broadbill
Recipes 

Liked 345 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 261

Quote:

Party at RM-MN's house!....not.

Seriously, you actually have parties with this rule?

Old 11-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
Mojzis
Recipes 

Liked 139 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brulosopher View Post
I'm assuming anyone who has a kegerator or keezer and invites friends/family over for parties:
Attachment 84736

Permanently attached
If they had one of these at every party or bar, life would be much less annoying.

Quote:
That's hardcore man

Old 11-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
RM-MN
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1139 Times on 927 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Maybe I'm just too old to party like some of you but when I was younger I tried the drinking and found that I had complete memory lapse at times, not fuzzy memory, total loss. When you have photographic memory and then have total blanks it can bother you. I was afraid that I would do something really stupid when drunk and not remember it at all, wake up in jail and have no defense so I quit trying to get drunk. It just seemed too dangerous for my life.