Choosing A Conical Fermenter - Page 6 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Choosing A Conical Fermenter
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #51
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
SpottedDogBrewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2008
Goodells, MICHIGAN
Posts: 1,450
Liked 53 Times on 47 Posts


http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/15-g...1/#post2618651


__________________
Spotted Dog Brewing


"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"The nations of the West also have their own intoxicant, made from grain soaked in water...Alas, what wonderful ingenuity vice possesses! A method has actually been discovered for making even water intoxicated."
- Pliny the Elder

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #52
TerraNova
Recipes 
 
Feb 2013
Oakland, CA
Posts: 78
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOut View Post
After boil I pump hot wort through a plate chiller, O2 injection and straight into the racking port of the fermenter. (see below) I built a cart that has a filter, Chugger pump, plate chiller and O2 injection. I use this cart to handle the final transfer in one swoop to the fermenter. Im working on a yeast brink that I will use to incubate yeast and use O2 to push it into the stream of cooled oxygenated wort inline heading to fermenter. The chambers are on wheels and the connections unplug from behind so I can roll the chamber closer to my boil kettle. The fermenters stay in the chambers and are cleaned in place with a spray ball.
Stealing part of this for my setup. Thanks for the idea. Your setup is ....words fail me.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #53
bela
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
welches, oregon
Posts: 52


I went down to Glacier last week and pickd up there last in stock 18.75 gallon conical complete with triclamps on sale for 995.00. Now I need to figure out all the neat fittings for it. I'm good for now on temp controls, seeing its snowing right now. By summer I'll get some kind of cooler.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #54
MaxOut
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Hughesville, Maryland
Posts: 749
Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bela
I went down to Glacier last week and pickd up there last in stock 18.75 gallon conical complete with triclamps on sale for 995.00. Now I need to figure out all the neat fittings for it. I'm good for now on temp controls, seeing its snowing right now. By summer I'll get some kind of cooler.
I wish I was close to Glacier Tanks they have allot of cool brew stuff. Would have saved me a bunch on shipping too.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:26 AM   #55
bluelakebrewing
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Bellingham, Washington
Posts: 166
Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts


Great thread. Glacier is not to far from me and i have been endlessly thinking about how to incorporate conicals into my brewhouse, financially and pyshically.

Id be curious to hear from others, specifically those with larger sized (1-3bbl) Stout tanks and how they like them. Are there advantages of top vs side portals?

Maxout- you seem to have some nice toys in your brewhouse, im quite impressed. Do you have any other pics of your nice stuff? Im always looking for new ways to upgrade my system as it grows in size.

grathan Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #56
MaxOut
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Hughesville, Maryland
Posts: 749
Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakebrewing View Post
Great thread. Glacier is not to far from me and i have been endlessly thinking about how to incorporate conicals into my brewhouse, financially and pyshically.

Id be curious to hear from others, specifically those with larger sized (1-3bbl) Stout tanks and how they like them. Are there advantages of top vs side portals?

Maxout- you seem to have some nice toys in your brewhouse, im quite impressed. Do you have any other pics of your nice stuff? Im always looking for new ways to upgrade my system as it grows in size.
You can see my entire brewery - MaxOut Brewstation

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #57
MaxOut
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Hughesville, Maryland
Posts: 749
Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by SpottedDogBrewing View Post
Added to the main page Thanks!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #58
MaxOut
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Hughesville, Maryland
Posts: 749
Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bela View Post
I went down to Glacier last week and pickd up there last in stock 18.75 gallon conical complete with triclamps on sale for 995.00. Now I need to figure out all the neat fittings for it. I'm good for now on temp controls, seeing its snowing right now. By summer I'll get some kind of cooler.
Post pictures! and your set up!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #59
MaxOut
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Hughesville, Maryland
Posts: 749
Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraNova View Post
Stealing part of this for my setup. Thanks for the idea. Your setup is ....words fail me.
You can get more details on the brew cart HERE

TerraNova Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #60
BierGuy
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Marysville, WA
Posts: 14

Are you getting 30 gal in those?



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conical fermenter thomasben All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 7 01-24-2013 01:39 AM
SS Conical fermenter I_B_Mongo Equipment/Sanitation 12 02-03-2011 10:19 AM
Help choosing a SS conical bakins Equipment/Sanitation 42 07-20-2010 10:40 AM
Conical fermenter Danny77 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 7 05-16-2010 02:54 PM
SS Conical Fermenter TXANM Equipment/Sanitation 4 05-25-2009 11:31 PM


Forum Jump