Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > wow just wow
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 01:48 AM   #1
grrtt78
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 356
Default wow just wow

just did first all grain

wow just wow.

best thing i hav ever done. im a lil drunk but wow.

chocolate stout, im excited.

my only problem was i had a lot of hot side airation but other than that it went flawlessly. i cant wait thanks for all your help!


grrtt78 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:06 AM   #2
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RichBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 5,860
Liked 123 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrtt78
just did first all grain

wow just wow.

best thing i hav ever done. im a lil drunk but wow.

chocolate stout, im excited.

my only problem was i had a lot of hot side airation but other than that it went flawlessly. i cant wait thanks for all your help!
You must be a little drunk. You posted this 3 times.

I'm glad you enjoyed the experience.


__________________
Cheers,
Rich
RichBrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:45 AM   #3
Iordz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 959
Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Why do you say you got a lot of hot side aeration?
Iordz is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:56 AM   #4
grrtt78
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 356
Default

i saw alot of bubbles when i transfered from mash tun to boil kettle. and i didnt post three times i am just so drunk that format seemed fitting
grrtt78 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:15 AM   #5
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FSR402's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jenison, MI
Posts: 2,885
Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrtt78
i saw alot of bubbles when i transfered from mash tun to boil kettle. and i didnt post three times i am just so drunk that format seemed fitting
I would not worry about it. There has been blind taste test done with some being hot side areated and some not. No one was able to pick out what ones were.

It's not a good thing to do but I would not worry about it. Besides you boil the crap out of it for an hour (or more). If you had HSA after the boil, then maybe it may cause a problem, or maybe not.
__________________
TWO FISTED BREWING CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear
FSR402 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
boo boo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hearts's Delight, Newfoundland
Posts: 4,171
Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSR402
I would not worry about it. There has been blind taste test done with some being hot side areated and some not. No one was able to pick out what ones were.

It's not a good thing to do but I would not worry about it. Besides you boil the crap out of it for an hour (or more). If you had HSA after the boil, then maybe it may cause a problem, or maybe not.
HSA causes flavour changes in beers that are kept long storage and boiling the wort don't rid you of it.
Once you have it, you have it. The molucules rearrange themselves and attach to the wort in a way that boiling don't change them.
__________________
How do you BBQ an elephant....first you get your elephant....
boo boo is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:56 PM   #7
grrtt78
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 356
Default

well i tend to share alot and my friends are all interested in a chocolate beer so i doubt it will be stored long
grrtt78 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:21 PM   #8
cheezydemon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The "Ville"
Posts: 1,921
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrtt78
well i tend to share alot and my friends are all interested in a chocolate beer so i doubt it will be stored long
Lol. Your friends are lucky to have you around.


cheezydemon is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools



Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS