Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > What to use for priming a belgian wheat beer?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default What to use for priming a belgian wheat beer?

I am currently brewing a Hoegarden clone, and was wondering what is the best mixture for priming it prior to bottling. Previously I just used a couple of dextrose tablets in each bottle (this was my first ever attempt at brewing), and while this worked, I was wanting to do something a little more authentic.

The brew is currently in the primary, and is at 5 gallons. Can anyone recommend a suitable recipe for priming the whole batch with (as opposed to individual bottles)" Hopefully I've made sense!

Nztayls http://thedryhop.com
Wellington, New Zealand (just go east after you hit Australia)
Currently Drinking: I am a Berliner!(weiss), L'enfer du Nord Tripel
Primary: Nil
Conditioning:Denny's BVIP
Aging: Derailer Flanders Red v1.0, Derailer Flanders Red v2.0