Deceptions when you share your beer - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Deceptions when you share your beer

Old 11-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #21
cheezydemon3
Recipes 

Nov 2009
louisville
Liked 1672 Times on 1251 Posts

Have kinda the opposite problem. 3 or 4 buddies that quaff my IIPAs and Blacker than death Stouts like they were water.

Actually bought some Killians the other day to feed the trolls so that my kegs wouldn't bear the whole brunt. They like good beer, so Killians is OK. Not great, but passable.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #22
jsv1204

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Good point! Be careful what you ask for!

Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #23
cheezydemon3
Recipes 

Nov 2009
louisville

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsv1204 View Post
Good point! Be careful what you ask for!
Good point also!!lol

I also ask the bastards to bring a good sixer!

Got to try New castle ipa (Watered down BS) as well as Monty Python Holy grAIL. Mediocre as well.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #24
jerrodm
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Silver Spring, MD
Liked 123 Times on 88 Posts

Yup it's definitely a slippery slope. My buddy and I both brew, and if we're together at one of our houses on a Friday night, it's scary how much destruction we can wreak on the homebrew supplies.

We tried brewing 10 gal. batches together to reduce our time and increase our stocks, but we couldn't make it work--either I'm way too anal about santization/timing/measurement, or he's way too indifferent, because we were driving each other crazy. Instead, I just make sure I keep my stocks high enough, and we usually try to switch to commercial brews after the first three or four to limit the damage.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #25
b-boy
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
The Frozen Tundra, NY
Liked 1217 Times on 794 Posts

I host a poker game every few months. I have to have Labbatt's Blue Lite for 1/2 the crowd, who won't even try anything else. The other half will drain a 5-gallon keg of Amber Ale in a few hours.

Tasting cups are a must. I keep a supply of the plastic ones when I have parties. I don't mind someone dumping 2 ozs of beer, but dumping a full pint is painful to watch. I also make it a point to have some Blonde Ale on hand. That's always a hit.

I usually hide the really good stuff like IPAs and Reds. Most people really don't appreciate them. I make them available to a select few. I'm always happy when someone asks for them though.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #26
Jayhem
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Culpeper, VA
Liked 279 Times on 225 Posts

the only beers I give out to friends/family in bulk are my session ales which everyone drinks. I save the stouts, porters, and IPA's for my craft beer loving friends/family. Why waste a good brew on someone who doesn't appreciate it?

the beauty of most friends only liking your session ales is that those beers are much cheaper and easier to make!
Keg #1: White Mosaic Pale Ale
Keg #2: Empty
Drinking: Amber Ale, White Mosaic Pale Ale

Old 11-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #27
cheezydemon3
Recipes 

Nov 2009
louisville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhem View Post
the only beers I give out to friends/family in bulk are my session ales which everyone drinks. I save the stouts, porters, and IPA's for my craft beer loving friends/family. Why waste a good brew on someone who doesn't appreciate it?

the beauty of most friends only liking your session ales is that those beers are much cheaper and easier to make!
I need 2 more kegs so I can do a "Lite" Pale ale and just keep it on hand.

I refuse to Lager anything just for some BMC lover.

If my session ale is too flavorful, then GO EFF YOURSELF.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #28
Jayhem
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Culpeper, VA
Liked 279 Times on 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
I need 2 more kegs so I can do a "Lite" Pale ale and just keep it on hand.

I refuse to Lager anything just for some BMC lover.

If my session ale is too flavorful, then GO EFF YOURSELF.
Biermuncher's "Cream of 3 Crops" Cream Ale recipe on these forums . I've made 5 batches of it so far, 11 gallons for a wedding and everyone drinks it, even wine drinkers! Cost is about $25 to brew 11 gallons including the yeast and propane costs for AG if you buy your grain in bulk.

I actually enjoy drinking the lighter session home brews most of the time as I can have 3 or 4 and not fall asleep! Also great summer ale for yard work!
Keg #1: White Mosaic Pale Ale
Keg #2: Empty
Drinking: Amber Ale, White Mosaic Pale Ale

Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #29
Frige
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Houston, Texas
Liked 68 Times on 48 Posts

I saw this thread just in time. Lots of family coming over tomorrow. I brought 3) 6 packs of different styles. Blonde ale, Fat tire clone and a pumpkin ale. I will give out samples it would break my heart to see my beer go down the drain.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #30
rexbanner

Recipes 

Nov 2008
DC
Liked 98 Times on 70 Posts

Lesson #1: Don't cast pearls before swine. If someone isn't going to appreciate it, don't offer it.

However, that type of behavior is incredibly rude. I guess it is just the way I was brought up, but I would always praise and try to finish whatever a host offers me, and thank them afterwards.

Crooked Run Brewing: Seek Truth, Cherish Nature

Makers of Red Kolsch, Storm, and Shadow of Truth

passedpawn Likes This