Other insomniacs? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Other insomniacs?

Old 11-21-2012, 03:00 AM   #11
Lushife
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Red Bank, NJ
Liked 84 Times on 64 Posts

I get home from work at around 11 and have to get up at 7 to get my daughter off to school. Instead of trying to get 8hrs straight I get about 5 at night and about 2 late morning early afternoon. It's been working ok for me.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:03 AM   #12
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 854 Times on 626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edds5p0 View Post
I spent about 3 years of my life doing rotating shifts, if you're anything like me, you don't have a sleep pattern established at all.
I actually do, but its strange and rotates. My wife calls me a vampire. I've been doing this tour on and off for a long time though, almost 10 years.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #13
BoomerHarley
Recipes 

Jun 2012
oakland, ca
Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts

Well last night sucked. I've had this really bad cold and my girlfriend and I have been fighting lately. So to be nice, she stayed up and on the couch while I went to bed at 9. Around 2 am I wake up with a sore throat and get up. Somehow, one thing leads to another, we get in a big screaming match and I find myself at work, with my dog, at 3:30 this morning.

Not really sure what I am going to do now. I have no desire to go home. None whatsoever. It's almost 5:30 AM, maybe I'll just take a road trip for a few days.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
TNGabe
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Liked 2281 Times on 1538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerHarley View Post
Well last night sucked. I've had this really bad cold and my girlfriend and I have been fighting lately. So to be nice, she stayed up and on the couch while I went to bed at 9. Around 2 am I wake up with a sore throat and get up. Somehow, one thing leads to another, we get in a big screaming match and I find myself at work, with my dog, at 3:30 this morning.

Not really sure what I am going to do now. I have no desire to go home. None whatsoever. It's almost 5:30 AM, maybe I'll just take a road trip for a few days.
Been there, done that, got the hell out. Screaming arguments are never a good sign. Screaming arguments at 3am are a good sign it's time to leave and not look back. Sounds like you should find some beer event going on for Turkey Day and start figuring out how to have less crazy in your life.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #15
BoomerHarley
Recipes 

Jun 2012
oakland, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGabe View Post
Been there, done that, got the hell out. Screaming arguments are never a good sign. Screaming arguments at 3am are a good sign it's time to leave and not look back. Sounds like you should find some beer event going on for Turkey Day and start figuring out how to have less crazy in your life.
Yeah, it's been building for a while. We live in her house. And she never fails to remind me that it is hers during these episodes, despite what is discussed between them. I have never felt as if I have any place in her house. All her crap, all her photos, all her furniture. I have a corner here, and a shelf there. Not a huge deal because we built a shed out back that I use for brewing and hanging out.

But then something like this comes up and I find myself homeless at 3 AM on a Wednesday. Completely unacceptable. Now I realize that I have rights and could refuse to leave, but what's the point? I'd rather just get the hell away from her.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerHarley View Post

Wow, sounds really bad, Boomer. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #18
BoomerHarley
Recipes 

Jun 2012
oakland, ca

Thanks Pappers

Old 11-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #19
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Just the other night I was tossing and turning and SWMBO had a morning shift she had to work.

Her: "James, GO TO BED!"
Me: "I can't sleep"
Her: "Just close your eyes and think about boobs again"

I was snoring within 10 minutes.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 11-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Just the other night I was tossing and turning and SWMBO had a morning shift she had to work.

Her: "James, GO TO BED!"
Me: "I can't sleep"
Her: "Just close your eyes and think about boobs again"

I was snoring within 10 minutes.
http://www.emandlo.com/2012/01/dear-...s-a-sleep-aid/

CreamyGoodness Likes This