culinary adventures - Page 7 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > culinary adventures

Old 12-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #61
TNGabe
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Liked 2285 Times on 1540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliviousbrew View Post
You can certainly have seen it in Uruguay they make it a lot there and also in Argentina where Iīm originally from. Looks a lot worst that what it taste like.
You're Argentinian? You guys know how to have a freaking cookout! My friend has a book about Asado - best 'recipe' calls for two cords of dry wood and a 1200 - 1400 lb steer. It just so happens I have access to both those things, so I guess I just need to weld up a big scary cow crucifix!

Old 12-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #62
cheezydemon3
Recipes 

Nov 2009
louisville
Liked 1672 Times on 1251 Posts

Uni - sea urchin raw.

Smells like siemen and has a strange slimy texture.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #63
Obliviousbrew

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Liked 230 Times on 161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGabe View Post
You're Argentinian? You guys know how to have a freaking cookout! My friend has a book about Asado - best 'recipe' calls for two cords of dry wood and a 1200 - 1400 lb steer. It just so happens I have access to both those things, so I guess I just need to weld up a big scary cow crucifix!
Hehehe a few years ago I spend three months in Florida with some family, I meet a lot of argentinians that were living near the everglades and we made "cordero a la cruz" a crucified lamb, a neighbour called the police cause he tougth that we were a part of some satanic sect

Old 12-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #64
TNGabe
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Liked 2285 Times on 1540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliviousbrew View Post
Hehehe a few years ago I spend three months in Florida with some family, I meet a lot of argentinians that were living near the everglades and we made "cordero a la cruz" a crucified lamb, a neighbour called the police cause he tougth that we were a part of some satanic sect
Highlight of my morning so far - I'll be sharing this one at our Xmas party today!

Old 12-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #65
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2135 Times on 1410 Posts

I would like to mention that neither animal sacrifice nor being a part of a satanic sect is illegal. Sounds like the neighbors werent just busybodys but also morons. Not sure why the cop would even show up...

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 12-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #66
Obliviousbrew

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Liked 230 Times on 161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
I would like to mention that neither animal sacrifice nor being a part of a satanic sect is illegal. Sounds like the neighbors werent just busybodys but also morons. Not sure why the cop would even show up...
Yeah the police knew my friends and far as I know they came about the fire we ligth , they just mention the calls from the neighbours mentioning the satanic cult -I actually think one of them chuckled- I didnīt speak any english at that time so this is just a translation from my friends...

Old 12-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #67
gratus fermentatio
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Montana
Liked 2649 Times on 1458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
raw quail egg atop a nice tuna tartar is to die for.
I'm not a fan of the raw quail's egg; I like my ikura pure.
Regards, GF.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #68
neosapien

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Dallas, TX
Liked 144 Times on 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratus fermentatio View Post
I'm not a fan of the raw quail's egg; I like my ikura pure.
Regards, GF.
oh man, but some nice diced otoro with a bit of matsunomi and moyashi...quail's egg just sets it off.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #69
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY

Someone mentioned stewed jellyfish. I've never had it stewed but I have had it lightly cooked with chilis and sesame oil and I have had it lightly cooked in a mild scallion sauce and enjoyed them both. SWMBO mistook them for noodles at first.

I would imagine that stewed they would turn into a puddle of gelatin... not as appetizing.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #70
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY

Has anyone tried Huitlacoche? I've heard very very mixed reviews...