Getting Ready to Start..... - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Getting Ready to Start.....
Sign-up To NEW HBT Article Newsletter - Brewing Articles Direct To You!

Old 11-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
rfinley
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Getting Ready to Start.....

After talking around a campfire last June with Rondacker about his system and last weekend spending around two days reading about soldering stainless and now I just acquired (see attached sheets) a 1/2" mass flow meter that also reads density, I think I'm ready to get building a RIMS system. I'm kinda thinking that if I put the flow/density meter in the out of the RIMS tube I can monitor the density while the mash is circulating. It reads in G/cc that I think is the same as specific gravity (or close enough). Have to order some long tri clamp ferrules and a pump but I think I have most everything else.

Oh yea, forgot to say, last 30 some odd years I have worked in the process control field for a good sized plastics plant so you know the automation will be...... well time will tell !!

Thanks Rondacker for planting the seed !!

File Type: pdf MM_Meter.pdf (173.2 KB, 138 views)