Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Illinois HomeBrew Forum > Looking to swap brew kettles
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
forstmeister
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,211
Liked 180 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default Looking to swap brew kettles

I have a 15 gallon aluminum kettle without lid that I would love to swap for a 10 or so gallon (preferably with lid). I am in Chicago, on the north side.
__________________
I drink (homebrew), therefore I am (gassy)
forstmeister is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
JonGrafto
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Central Part of the State..., WI
Posts: 1,777
Liked 131 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

I have a 52 qt aluminum kettle with a lid that I might be wililng to swap. I am in Wisconsin though... let me know... Here is the one that I bought.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whattawort View Post
Looks like a zombie took a dump in your bucket after a night of binging on hot arse and cabbage.
JonGrafto is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:48 AM   #3
bmason1623
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
bmason1623's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,830
Liked 151 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGrafto
I have a 52 qt aluminum kettle with a lid that I might be wililng to swap. I am in Wisconsin though... let me know... Here is the one that I bought.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00
How much did you pay for that "tamalera"? I bought an aluminum 100 quart (25 gallons) with lid and false steam bottom at some local Mexican grocery store in Chicago for $100. I thought that was a pretty good deal but I'm not sure.
bmason1623 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
JonGrafto
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Central Part of the State..., WI
Posts: 1,777
Liked 131 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmason1623 View Post
How much did you pay for that "tamalera"? I bought an aluminum 100 quart (25 gallons) with lid and false steam bottom at some local Mexican grocery store in Chicago for $100. I thought that was a pretty good deal but I'm not sure.
I want to say like $50 or $60 plus shipping back in January. Looks like they ran out and are out of stock. $100 doesnt seem so bad for a 25 gallons though. Sounds about right.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whattawort View Post
Looks like a zombie took a dump in your bucket after a night of binging on hot arse and cabbage.
JonGrafto is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brew Kettles Seanana Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 10 10-10-2012 06:22 PM
2 brew kettles tflew Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 7 07-17-2012 07:58 PM
Brew Kettles Nickeldeposit General Beer Discussion 10 01-12-2010 08:13 PM
Brew kettles Lucky Dog Brewing Equipment/Sanitation 2 04-08-2008 02:59 PM
Looking for BIG brew kettles ebhomey Equipment/Sanitation 3 09-27-2006 12:49 AM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS