I love my job (beer "trade" story) - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > I love my job (beer "trade" story)

Old 11-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
scrambledegg81
Flocculation Nation
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Los Osos, CA
Liked 40 Times on 36 Posts

So we had a customer come in to the bottle shop I work at tonight with a few hefty cases of 750's he wanted to sell. Obviously we can't do that (illegal in every sense of the word), but we had the guy come back after closing & my boss bought them for cash (for personal consumption, of course).

Long story short, there were several typical brews in the mix like Affligem, Chimay (red, white and blue) and Duvel, but we dug a little deeper and found a few gems such as Deschutes' The Stoic, Allagash Black (the bourbon-aged version) and 2 bottles of Westmalle Real Trappist and 1 Liefmans Goudenband. All in excellent condition & well-aged.

*swoon*
Bombers/Growlers/Aging: The Abyss, Firestone 19th Anniversary Ale
Kegerator: sanitizer!
Coming Up: something spiffy, most likely

Old 11-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
biochemedic
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2010
Carnegie, PA
Liked 226 Times on 168 Posts

Reminds me of the time about a year ago when I randomly found a 4 pack of 2007 Brooklyn Monster Barleywine at a local deli that has a nice craft beer selection...Can't say it's too often you stumble across a good pre-aged brew like that! Still, it sounds like your find is even more epic! Congrats! (Hope the Boss will share....)
Bulk Aging: Cocobochet, Wild Cider (2014 & 2015)
Planned: So many ideas, not enough time to brew them....