Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > Hops Group Buy in Chicago #1
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #291
bmason1623
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
bmason1623's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,832
iTrader: (2)
Liked 151 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewenstein View Post
Finally got it. I had to copy and paste the link to get it, but I do see that I placed an order. Thanks! Any chance of another Zythos split?
row 51-53.


bmason1623 is offline
 
Old 11-16-2012, 02:39 AM   #292
forstmeister
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,211
iTrader: (1)
Liked 181 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrewski View Post
What other one? I can only see my order and the open splits. Is there another view or list? Sorry.
I feel your pain. I have been quietly watching from the wings, making sure my hops order is still valid. I found it on the spreadsheet so I am fairly confident I didn't screw up too bad.


__________________
I drink (homebrew), therefore I am (gassy)
forstmeister is offline
 
Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 AM   #293
brewingmeister
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: middle of nowhere
Posts: 1,888
iTrader: (0)
Liked 178 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Is there a plan for another buy in the future? I was able to get into the database yesterday and haven't gotten the chance to look into it. It's hard to tell what's available and if people want to close it soon it would probably be easier and cheaper for me to wait and order from someone else later on where I can get different varieties in leaf. I appreciate all the work put into the buy though.
__________________
............Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer......~Homer
brewingmeister is online now
 
Old 11-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #294
sudsmcgee
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sudsmcgee's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Western Chicago Burbs, IL
Posts: 1,521
iTrader: (0)
Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrewski View Post
What other one? I can only see my order and the open splits. Is there another view or list? Sorry.

[EDIT] uh...you mean your list you posted? The one that showed 7 simcoe splits?

There are three tabs to the spreadsheet. Look below for the tabs.
__________________
"If you're here for the premature ejaculators meeting, you've come too soon."
sudsmcgee is offline
 
Old 11-16-2012, 02:50 AM   #295
sudsmcgee
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sudsmcgee's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Western Chicago Burbs, IL
Posts: 1,521
iTrader: (0)
Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewingmeister View Post
Is there a plan for another buy in the future? I was able to get into the database yesterday and haven't gotten the chance to look into it. It's hard to tell what's available and if people want to close it soon it would probably be easier and cheaper for me to wait and order from someone else later on where I can get different varieties in leaf. I appreciate all the work put into the buy though.
Hop buys more or less happen once per year. Get in now if you can find an open split below the minimum.
__________________
"If you're here for the premature ejaculators meeting, you've come too soon."
sudsmcgee is offline
 
Old 11-16-2012, 02:51 AM   #296
dbrewski
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dbrewski's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Indeterminate
Posts: 1,028
iTrader: (0)
Liked 52 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forstmeister View Post
I feel your pain. I have been quietly watching from the wings, making sure my hops order is still valid. I found it on the spreadsheet so I am fairly confident I didn't screw up too bad.
Yes I think it is time for me to bury my confusion in another pint or three. If we need to get those last 7 pounds of simcoe I am up for some of them. If I need to give up my cascade to others I can. I think everything I have is locked in except the motueka just popped open again. Pound of that anyone?

Cheers all and thanks for the hard work that has been put in to make this happen.

and now....I'm going to use this -> <- I apologize.
dbrewski is offline
 
Old 11-16-2012, 03:00 AM   #297
starman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago Burbs, il
Posts: 460
iTrader: (0)
Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
That is because the user spreadsheet assumed each item on there was a single pound, but that is incorrect if you look at starman he ordered a full 11 pounds of simcoe and 11 pounds of saaz himself. You can see this by the total he owes does not match a single pound. So if you total up the pounds you are missing 10 of simcoe and 10 of saaz.

Which is why I just said to go off of the other one which take into account full 11 pounds ordered.
Couple late nights at the office, and only mobile web on the train. I had added those boxes prior to the purge / retooling you did Tuesday. I thought it was all getting cleared out.. oops.

22lbs of hops might be a source of friction at home but if that's what you guys were counting on I suppose I can follow through. Ideally it'd be more like 5 or 6 of each.
starman is offline
 
Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #298
ghoti
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Posts: 307
iTrader: (1)
Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
Couple late nights at the office, and only mobile web on the train. I had added those boxes prior to the purge / retooling you did Tuesday. I thought it was all getting cleared out.. oops.

22lbs of hops might be a source of friction at home but if that's what you guys were counting on I suppose I can follow through. Ideally it'd be more like 5 or 6 of each.
If you do not want all 22 pounds then I would suggest opening them up as splits.
ghoti is offline
 
Old 11-16-2012, 03:06 AM   #299
Neopol
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Neopol's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Munster, IN
Posts: 734
iTrader: (0)
Liked 65 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman

Couple late nights at the office, and only mobile web on the train. I had added those boxes prior to the purge / retooling you did Tuesday. I thought it was all getting cleared out.. oops.

22lbs of hops might be a source of friction at home but if that's what you guys were counting on I suppose I can follow through. Ideally it'd be more like 5 or 6 of each.
Clean it up brother the extras will fill in, no need to taken as **** ton of hops unnecessarily.
__________________
BREWMUTT

Don't you know there aint no devil...thats just god when hes drunk!
Neopol is offline
 
Old 11-16-2012, 03:10 AM   #300
bmason1623
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
bmason1623's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,832
iTrader: (2)
Liked 151 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsmcgee

Hop buys more or less happen once per year. Get in now if you can find an open split below the minimum.
I've done 6 grain buys on my own and assisted on another since my very first one in March 2011. This is our (with ghoti's and Neopol's help) first hops buy. I think hops buys will be few and far in between. Unless I start making all hop bombs from now on.


bmason1623 is offline
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Group Buy in Chicago #6 bmason1623 Group Buys 1380 03-16-2014 12:44 AM
Group Buy in Chicago #5 bmason1623 Group Buys 1068 03-16-2014 12:44 AM
Group Buy in Chicago #3 bmason1623 Group Buys 338 03-16-2014 12:42 AM
Group buy in Chicago #2? bmason1623 Group Buys 268 03-16-2014 12:42 AM
Group buy in Chicago? bmason1623 Group Buys 421 03-16-2014 12:41 AM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS