Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > Sparks, Nevada Homebrewers

Old 11-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
MattsFlyShop
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 6

Default Sparks, Nevada Homebrewers

What's up Northern Nevada?
What's in your Fermenter?
Brown Ale here, Belgian Wit on Sunday...

Old 02-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
MattsFlyShop
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 6

well, many lessons to be learned, the biggest of all; patience.
1st batch went south in a baaaaaaad way, tastes like burning bandages... wild yeasts...
2nd batch is OK, but i can't drink it; Note to Self... don't clarify a WIT and start the Yeast next time to prevent off flavors
3rd was an APA/IPA... good brew, i only have 4 bottles left, but there's room for improvement... boil longer, add more Malt. Got it.
4th was a Porter, again a Yeast Starter was needed as there are some off flavors there...
So I'm 1 for 4 at this point and taking notes like a rookie cop...
'Ive got this next one' I thought to myself, a new batch of APA/IPA... everything is ready, the Yeast looks Great, Carboy is sanitized, let's BREW!!!
5th batch... well, i thought this one was IT! all the right stuff in all the right places, look out World, this will be the best beer ever! HA! i was welcomed back to Earth the instant I realized that I put all of my hops in for the 90 Min. boil... yes, 4 Oz!! well Shooot. now what!? I say to my dumbfounded self....
I guess my latest brew lesson is READ the INSTRUCTIONS...AGAIN.