Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Wiring Diagram Database

Old 11-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
BadNewsBrewery
Basement Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default Wiring Diagram Database

Has anyone found / compiled a list of all the diagrams that have been put together? It seems like members (mostly P-J) have a diagram for almost every option out there, but I've yet to find a single-source location to find them all. It would help out a lot of us that are getting into this to be able to reference the list and get the information that's already out there in one place. It would make a great sticky at the top of the page seeing as how wiring diagrams seem to be one of the top questions on this forum.

-Kevin

Old 11-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
OMJ
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I think that wiring diagrams without the context of the thread they come from and what the person they are made for or by wanted to accomplish. There are so many slight wrinkles in these diagrams just a list with links to diagrams would be counterproductive for most. You can't really do too much reading on this subject so searching out the required diagram or creating a thread for help are likely good things most of the time.

If someone did compile a list of all of the diagrams out there they should link to threads instead of diagrams directly.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
BadNewsBrewery
Basement Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I'd be happy to try and compile a usable list of wiring diagrams and sort it by a few features like power supply (120/240 3 wire / 240 4 wire), number of PIDs, type of PID - it may be too daunting of a task as you mention, but I can't help but think it would be a useful tool for those of us getting started in the eBrewing world.

Even a wiring diagram without context though is worth studying and reviewing to see how certian components are wired up, how other people have solved issues, etc. There's no one-size-fits-all solution, but the key to building a better mouse trap is to review lots of mouse traps.

-Kevin

Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
ekjohns
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have thought about this as well. Having a website that just had a small description for each one would be awesome. Something like:

1 pump - 1 element w contactor
1 pump - 2 element w/o contactor
2 pump - 2 element

etc..

What would really be spiffy is to have something that is like option 1: how many elements, option 2: how many pumps option 3: e-stop?