Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Need Help With A Clone

Old 11-10-2012, 04:25 AM   #1
Antler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Default Need Help With A Clone

Have a buddy who really doesn't like homebrew. On a trip to Dominican Republic recently he had a beer called "presidente" I believe, says it was the best beer he's ever had.
Id like to impress him with an AG clone, and maybe change his mind on Homebrewing. Anyone help me out with a recipe?

Old 11-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
BrewerBear
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Do you know what style beer it is?

Old 11-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
DocScott
Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 90 Posts

I've had this before on vacations in Mexico. It's a typical "Caribbean lager" IMO. As its mass produced now, it probably has adjuncts like corn in the actual recipe. If you are going for a clone, I would start you off with trying a majority of pilsner malt with smaller portion (maybe 10% ?) flaked corn in the grain bill. I don't remember much bitterness so I'd go low on ibus. Use a noble hop --hallertau maybe. I'd start around 1 oz at 60 min and maybe a small addition at 20-30 min. You'd need to lager this one and use a clean lager yeast.

Not sure this is too helpful but it's a starting point. I'd say look under recipes for a tried and true recipe for light lager and brew that for your friend. Good luck!

Old 11-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #4
Antler
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Thanks everyone for the help. I was hoping it wasn't a lager as I don't have a ferm chamber yet.
I been thinkin about doing 1 gallon "pilot" batches in the future, I'll try with a small batch, lager in my refrigerator.