Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Battle over the "strange" name

Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #71
usfmikeb
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 235 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

LOL, whatever Mr Troll.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #72
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3464 Times on 2364 Posts
Likes Given: 2256

Who in their right mind would even name their LHBS or Brewery Strange Brew? That is the lamest thing about this whole deal.

Original? Anyone? Anyone?

Ok, Strange Brew it is!

CGVT Likes This 
Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #73
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by usfmikeb View Post
From everything I've read, first contact from brew shop was first letter in the story.

Completely disagree on the recipe kits. The brew shop has managed to get a total of 24 customers in Colorado in 16 years, showing that they effectively have little to no sales in that state. By having exclusive kits for a Colorado brewery that has won GABF awards, their sales in that state could jump.

There are definitely ways for the homebrew shop to gain customers here, but they've instead chosen to avoid any discussion of options, dismissing them out of hand. Kind of like a few people on this thread.
Exclusive recipe kits does not solve the problem of the brewery having an infringing name. What's your solution to that?
Kegwizard Likes This 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #74
usfmikeb
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovineblitz

Exclusive recipe kits does not solve the problem of the brewery having an infringing name. What's your solution to that?
Like I said before, I'm not feeding a troll. There's only a problem with the name if they're unwilling to work out a deal. You refuse to acknowledge any possibility of a deal, regardless of its merits. T-R-O-L-L
Kegwizard Likes This 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #75
FuzzeWuzze
DIY King
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 274 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Like I said before, I'm not feeding a troll. There's only a problem with the name if they're unwilling to work out a deal. You refuse to acknowledge any possibility of a deal, regardless of its merits. T-R-O-L-L
Legally, the brewery is infringing. There is almost no doubt in that assuming that his name really is trademarked for beer related goods.

Regardless of any deals or anything, even if this went to court the Brewery would lose and need to change their name.

Its unfortunate the guy who owns the trademark is such an ass, but he legally has the right to be.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #76
usfmikeb
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzeWuzze

Its unfortunate the guy who owns the trademark is such an ass, but he legally has the right to be.
Not disagreeing with the legalities, although the specific wording of the trademark would ultimately determine whether or not there's an infringement.

My point is that the homebrew shop has an opportunity to handle this differently, and would financially benefit from it. The way he's handling it now is costing him business, as homebrewers everywhere slam him for being a douchebag.

Except of course for the troll that refuses to acknowledge any other course of action as being an option. Maybe he's the owner...

Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #77
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Quote:
Not disagreeing with the legalitie although the specific wording of the trademark would ultimately determine whether or not there's an infringement.

My point is that the homebrew shop has an opportunity to handle this differently, and would financially benefit from it. The way he's handling it now is costing him business, as homebrewers everywhere slam him for being a douchebag.

Except of course for the troll that refuses to acknowledge any other course of action as being an option. Maybe he's the owner...
First - you STILL are not addressing the issue of them having the same name. That's the issue - an 'agreement that's financially beneficial' doesn't help solve the core problem.

Second, I'm honestly trying to figure out how it would be financially beneficial for the shop to simply carry their recipe kits. The only thing you've said that makes sense to me is that the way it's being handled right now looks bad in the eyes of many people, which is fair. But, you don't know that these exclusive recipe kits are actually something that'd increase sales, hell for all we know they only sell brewers best kits at that store anyways (someone chime in if you know anything about the shop?). It seems like a very specific recommendation that's not very well thought out, is there a precedent for a smaller homebrew shop carrying specific recipe kits making a lot of money off of them? Or, are you just making assumptions?

It's not good business to invest in something based off assumptions and emotional knee-jerk reactions.
People Like This 
Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #78
usfmikeb
Recipes 

No point feeding you even further. You seemingly are incapable of putting two and two together, even though you seem to make wild assumptions and knee jerk reactions in defense of the homebrew supplier.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #79
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Quote:
No point feeding you even further. You seemingly are incapable of putting two and two together, even though you seem to make wild assumptions and knee jerk reactions in defense of the homebrew supplier.
Wow, this guy.

I present a logical counter to what he says that he doesn't like, and his response is "LOL TROLL" as opposed to actual discussion where he spells out his point of view. I'd be more than happy to hear some actual discourse, examples, logic, etc... but he doesn't provide it, he just points fingers when he disagrees without so much as saying why. Well over half his posts in this thread are repeating himself and ironically calling me a troll.

I'll gladly continue to discuss this topic with anyone who's rational.
PseudoChef Likes This 
Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #80
usfmikeb
Recipes 

You aren't discussing anything, all you're doing is dismissing anything that's said different than you, and repeating yourself over and over. And over.

To recap, my opinion is that the homebrew shop owner should talk to the brewing company. To recap, your opinion is that nothing can solve the issue, so nobody should even talk about it.

Yep, you are a troll sir.

Unsubscribed, no point in participating in a thread with a bloviating bovine that thinks discourse is everyone else being wrong and he's the only one right.