Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > 7cu ft freezer sale starting tomorrow

Old 11-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #21
lumpher
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 16

i bought a 10 cf off craigslist to turn into a keezer. wife loved it so much it's now our "freezer for ice cream and pizza". i can buy this 1 and take back that 10 cf

Fermenting: APA

Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #22
Brewcrew02
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 93

Big heads up... after further examination, the lid hinges are crappy!! Not spring loaded!

"Gave my 500ml Pacman starter that I made last night a hug and wished it a good day before I headed off to work. He's growing up so fast!! Will be a 2liter starter by Saturday and will probably start ignoring me, think he knows it all and end up knocking up some skanky belgain strain before I know it." ~BigTerp

Old 11-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #23
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 494 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcrew02 View Post
Big heads up... after further examination, the lid hinges are crappy!! Not spring loaded!
Hinges don't hold up to the load that most coffins/lids anyway add a couple off gas charged pistons good to go

Old 11-11-2012, 03:35 AM   #24
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Has anyone ever loaded one of these into the back of a Tahoe? Maybe w/o the box...?

edit: on second thought, I can just rent a HD truck fof $20 and drive 2 of these to my house which is only 1.5mi away from the store. It is just not worth damaging the interior to save a few bucks.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

Old 11-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #25
Brewcrew02
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus
Has anyone ever loaded one of these into the back of a Tahoe? Maybe w/o the box...?

edit: on second thought, I can just rent a HD truck fof $20 and drive 2 of these to my house which is only 1.5mi away from the store. It is just not worth damaging the interior to save a few bucks.
+2. People don't utilize our trucks enough. I WILL say, a 5 cu. ft. freezer fits in a 2008 prius no problem. Surprised? I sure as feck was!!

"Gave my 500ml Pacman starter that I made last night a hug and wished it a good day before I headed off to work. He's growing up so fast!! Will be a 2liter starter by Saturday and will probably start ignoring me, think he knows it all and end up knocking up some skanky belgain strain before I know it." ~BigTerp

Old 11-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #26
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 494 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Brought six bags of grain back for trip to Wisconsin 6 cases of beer and still got 46 miles to a gallon at an average of 78 miles an hour, in my wife's prius. Amazing how much room is in them with the seats down.
Brewcrew02 Likes This 
Old 11-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #27
J-Pizzel
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Got mine yesterday, wife totally supported it. She approached me several hours later about a jewelry show, my reciept in her hand..... well played wife, well played.
People Like This 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #28
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 97

I stopped into my HD today to pick up a couple of things and there it was for $158. They also had a 3.1-cf or something fridge for $98. For $158, I'm really thinking about just buying two of these. I need a fermentation chamber and this is just cheaper than building a chamber with a mini fridge.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

Old 11-13-2012, 04:05 AM   #29
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 4700 Times on 2807 Posts
Likes Given: 3964

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhad View Post
How many corny kegs will this hold?
4 ball locks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBrock View Post
This is showing up on Home Depot's website as "online only" and there is a $39 shipping charge, so $197. Still not a bad price but much closer to the very well reviewed $229 GE 7 cu foot freezer.
My store had at least 8 of them on the shelf. $158.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknifefight View Post
I think this is the same freezer I have. It will comfortably fit 4 pin lock kegs (one on the hump, with a collar) and I do not know if 4 ball locks will fit on the floor, but kinda doubt it.
4 ball locks will fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls Beers View Post
Only three on the floor. I have a 7.2 and that one can fit 4 on the floor, but it's a tight fit..
4 ball locks will fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcrew02 View Post
Don't think 4 will fit on the floor, but def one on the hump. These are in stores (why I posted this) while supplies last for pre-black-friday. I sold 3 for the keezer specific reason today. They had me kinda run the show since I know the ins and outs due to my brew hobby. Go my friends... and enjoy.
I bought this freezer today. It will fit 4 ball lock kegs on the floor. I tested this. It's tight, but nothing has to bend to get them in there.

I now have 3 ball locks, a 20# CO2 tank, a regulator, and a 4-port manifold in there. I moved my 15 cu.ft. to the garage for fermenting / untapped keg storage.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:08 AM   #30
tre9er
Recipes 

Liked 237 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn

4 ball locks.

My store had at least 8 of them on the shelf. $158.

4 ball locks will fit.

4 ball locks will fit.

I bought this freezer today. It will fit 4 ball lock kegs on the floor. I tested this. It's tight, but nothing has to bend to get them in there.

I now have 3 ball locks, a 20# CO2 tank, a regulator, and a 4-port manifold in there. I moved my 15 cu.ft. to the garage for fermenting / untapped keg storage.
atta boy Pawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!