So I just reattempted this recipe today using all of the suggestions you guys gave me. I put in what I guesstimated was 3 lbs of extract in 3 gallons of water, boiled for 60 mins and then added the rest of the extract in at flameout before giving it an ice bath and splashing it into 3 more gallons of preboiled water. It is certainly lighter this time around but still seems rather dark in its 6 gallon form... The extract itself is incredibly dark so perhaps I'm just using the wrong style of wheat malt altogether, I find it hard to imagine how the dark color of the malt could turn into a white ale, unless the yeast helps change the color in some way during fermentation?
On a separate note I upped the coriander to about .75 oz and used .5oz of sweet orange peel instead of the bitter. No ginger this time around. I'm using my bottling bucket as a swamp cooler of sorts, as it's wide enough to float my skinnier fermenter in a few gallons of water. Probably not the best swamp cooler, but space is pretty limited here in my Brooklyn apartment, and my existing equipment is bulky enough as it is. For the time being I'm suffering the chilly autumn air (along with the city noise) to come through my window in the attempt to bring down the room temp to 65. I also plan on letting this batch sit in primary for a good month before bottling. I'm pretty excited to do side by side comparisons between first batch and second batch to see how much these new techniques really affect the beer!