Originally Posted by theempire
I would pull a sample from beneath the mold and smell or taste it before tossing it out. It could still be good and fermented out under there.
+1 - everything I've read says that the growths that can hurt you can't live in beer. So if you don't need the bucket, let this ride until the pelecule drops then rack it off. You'll be tossing the bucket and contents If it doesn't work out, so no need to clear YE fermenter now unless you're short on space.
*However* I'm not sure the "beer is proof against nasty bacteria" rule applies if it didn't ferment prior to this infection. You should check out the pelecule thread and consult some folks with more experience before trying the beer.