More bragging on my wife - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > More bragging on my wife

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
homebrewdad
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
homebrewdad's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,275
Liked 384 Times on 279 Posts



My wife does not drink beer. My wife does not care for the process of me brewing beer - she contends that it makes the house smell nasty (yeah, there is a turkey fryer in my future).

However, she has been supportive, has bought me some nice craft brews several times.

I had been complaining to her about my last brewday; I don't have any temperature control, and had let my batch get too hot for close to a day before I got it down via ice packs. I had stated that I needed to wait to brew again until I at least had a tub that I could fill with cold water and immerse my carboy in.

So yesterday, she sends me a PDF - which happens to be the full fourteen page document containing plans and instructions for building the Son of a Fermentation Chiller. She let me know that it's not that much in materials and that she's certain I won't have any problem building it.

Yeah, I was familiar that this plan existed, but I hadn't actually looked at it in great detail.

I just thought that was cool on her part; she actually did some independent homework on the issue and sent me an excellent solution. It made me feel good.
__________________
Check out the priming sugar calculator, yeast starter calculator, and the beer calorie calculator.

Colorowdy Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
1776
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
KC, KS
Posts: 93

Awesome I'm jealous. My gf doesn't even want to hear the word brew or beer when we talk

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
WesleyS
Registered User
Recipes 
 
May 2012
Posts: 13,515
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewdad
My wife does not drink beer. My wife does not care for the process of me brewing beer - she contends that it makes the house smell nasty (yeah, there is a turkey fryer in my future).

However, she has been supportive, has bought me some nice craft brews several times.

I had been complaining to her about my last brewday; I don't have any temperature control, and had let my batch get too hot for close to a day before I got it down via ice packs. I had stated that I needed to wait to brew again until I at least had a tub that I could fill with cold water and immerse my carboy in.

So yesterday, she sends me a PDF - which happens to be the full fourteen page document containing plans and instructions for building the Son of a Fermentation Chiller. She let me know that it's not that much in materials and that she's certain I won't have any problem building it.

Yeah, I was familiar that this plan existed, but I hadn't actually looked at it in great detail.

I just thought that was cool on her part; she actually did some independent homework on the issue and sent me an excellent solution. It made me feel good.
She's a keeper!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
homebrewdad
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
homebrewdad's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,275
Liked 384 Times on 279 Posts


I haven't gotten her to try anything I have brewed; in her mind, beer = Bud Light (or possibly Guinness). I'm holding out that one day, I'll get her to sample.

But the supportiveness is very cool.
__________________
Check out the priming sugar calculator, yeast starter calculator, and the beer calorie calculator.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
unionrdr
Heavyweight homebrewing author & air gun shooter
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
unionrdr's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Sheffield, Ohio
Posts: 38,988
Liked 3704 Times on 3178 Posts


Here's my solution from back in the day...
__________________
NEW books on amazon/Kindle! Check it out now...
Home Brewing- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PBAP6JO
Distopian Sci-Fi- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTA0L6G
New! John Henry- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GBV3UXU

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
gkeusch
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
Posts: 146
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Does she like wine?? You could show her how much you appreciate her support by using one of your carboys for a batch of wine instead of beer sometime.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
homebrewdad
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
homebrewdad's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,275
Liked 384 Times on 279 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by gkeusch View Post
Does she like wine?? You could show her how much you appreciate her support by using one of your carboys for a batch of wine instead of beer sometime.
Nice idea, but she drinks very little, period.

Heh, unless she decides to party. Then it's assorted hard liquor.
__________________
Check out the priming sugar calculator, yeast starter calculator, and the beer calorie calculator.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
RainyDay
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
Seattle
Posts: 539
Liked 42 Times on 31 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1776
Awesome I'm jealous. My gf doesn't even want to hear the word brew or beer when we talk
You should break things off then. She's obviously not a keeper.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #9
ACarver
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Ankeny, Iowa
Posts: 84
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Um.... pic of awesome wife?
__________________
In heaven there is no beer... that's why we drink it here. And when we're gone from here... our friends will be drinking all our beer!
Go Hawks!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #10
unionrdr
Heavyweight homebrewing author & air gun shooter
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
unionrdr's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Sheffield, Ohio
Posts: 38,988
Liked 3704 Times on 3178 Posts


You guys obviously don't get the worlds only get down man,Mr murray saul. He got it.
__________________
NEW books on amazon/Kindle! Check it out now...
Home Brewing- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PBAP6JO
Distopian Sci-Fi- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTA0L6G
New! John Henry- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GBV3UXU

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just bragging a bit jimhenning Kegerators & Keezers 9 08-20-2012 03:22 AM
Bragging just a little bit.. ajbram General Beer Discussion 7 01-02-2012 07:09 PM
Just bragging sashurlow Cider Forum 2 09-19-2011 08:31 PM
Just bragging a bit Bernie Brewer General Chit Chat 11 12-10-2010 09:29 PM
Bragging... malkore Mead Forum 4 03-16-2008 08:21 PM


Forum Jump