Painful teeth/Vodka w/ milk chaser. - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Painful teeth/Vodka w/ milk chaser.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
dfc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2010
Chandler, AZ
Liked 229 Times on 181 Posts

OK, this is going to be a somewhat long post...

Back in late 2007/early 2008 I hadn't even been living in the Phoenix area a full year, but the touring band I quit to move 2,000 miles away from was playing in town. I had formed or was in the process of forming a new band and the rhythm guitarist (Cody) was a huge fan of the touring band I used to be in.

Well, the former band asked me to get up and sing one of the songs, so I happily obliged. After all, these guys are family. During the song I was singing Cody bum rushed the mic so he could sing it as well. In the process of him rushing the mic he slammed it into my teeth cracking one of my incisors on the top row. I didn't have dental insurance at the time, nor did I have it until about 4 years later. Also, the tooth didn't hurt, so I just rocked the chipped look since eventually the cracked part of the tooth fell out.

Fast forward to earlier this year and I decided to get my teeth worked on since it had been a good 6 years since anyone even looked at them. I had insurance this time, so things were easier to pay for. After I got all of my fillings done and two crowns put on it came time to address the chip. Before I get the chip filled in I decided to whiten my teeth since the filling on the chipped tooth isn't able to be whitened after the fact.

Yesterday was the appointment to whiten my teeth. When I was in the dentists chair and the whitening was actually happening it wasn't a big deal. Shortly after though my teeth began to annoy me. They had begun to hurt, but nothing major. It was a numbing constant pain. Well, the Dental Assistant had told me for the next 48 hours anything I ate/drank would affect the color of my teeth since apparently my teeth were dehydrated after the whitening process and they would absorb the color. Therefore no beer, coffee, wine (even though I don't like it) or dark foods/drinks whatsoever.

Since the pain was beginning to get to me being that it was constant I decided to have a few drinks to "numb" the numbing pain. I looked in the freezer and from a party I had Saturday someone had left behind some Sky Vodka. Score... I looked in the fridge and there was no Sprite or clear/white "chaser" other than milk.

I think you can piece together that I shot vodka and chased it with milk. It was interesting. If only I had some coconut milk so I could mix the vodka and coconut milk...
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

Old 11-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
unionrdr
Heavyweight homebrewing author

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Sheffield, Ohio
Liked 3670 Times on 3154 Posts

I use vodka to kill tooth pain as well. Never tried milk chaser though. Might curdle in your stomach. Maybe get some diet 7up or other clear soda.
New! John Henry- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GBV3UXU

Old 11-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
dfc

Recipes 

Jul 2010
Chandler, AZ
Liked 229 Times on 181 Posts

That was the thing though. It was late and that was the only white or clear drink I had. I didn't feel like driving all over to find a 24 hour store either.

I woke up today with no problems though, so if I had some curdling in my stomach I must have just digested it.
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

Old 11-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
m_c_zero
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Fort Collins, CO
Liked 207 Times on 147 Posts

I think water would have made a better chaser than milk...

Or maybe even one of those hold-your-nose-and-chug kinda things. Milk and alcohol is never a good combo in my books.

Edit: Interesting story btw!

Old 11-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
whoaru99
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Liked 139 Times on 116 Posts

Nothing wrong with vodka and milk. It won't curdle.

I like White Russians, which are normally made with vodka, Kahlua, and cream, but they're too heavy for me so I use either whole milk or 2% in a pinch. Yummy...sorta like adult iced coffee latte.

Vodka and Kahlua are 1:1, top off with milk in a rocks glass. Look out...they'll sneak up on you.

Barnzy02 Likes This