Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > First batch of cider, ready to drink

Old 11-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Kilju
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First batch of cider, ready to drink

Just cracked open my first jar of cider. Hasn't had time to age, but it still tastes pretty good. I used store bought juice, with Lavlin EC-1118. It's also astoundingly clear. You can't really tell the clarity in the picture, but its excellent in a glass. I didn't really expect my first batch to be this good. And yes, I did use mason jars. Filled to the top, I've never had any trouble out of them with any other brews. They've even held up to carbonation before.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
UlyssesGrant
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nice. Nothing like drinking out of a mason jar. I am using the same yeast as you, and mine are clearing very well. You might want to watch out with carb'd cider in a jar like that. U haven't had any bombs yet, but if you compare the thickness of glass in a mason jar to that of a champagne or beer bottle, it's way more thin. Looks good though.