Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Another beginner question
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
MoshinJoshN
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Another beginner question

This may sound stupid, but I have a can of malt extract from a previous brew that I did not use. It has not been opened and just passed its expiration date. It has been well kept and untouched. Would it be ok to use?


MoshinJoshN is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
inhousebrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: minneapolis, minnesota
Posts: 1,437
Liked 124 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default

You could use it although the fresher the ingredients going in the better the product coming out. It's like cooking in that regard.


__________________
I hate Walder Frey...
inhousebrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
MoshinJoshN
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Right, it represents about 25% of the total malt extract I'm using and the other 75% is very fresh
MoshinJoshN is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Soldevi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 134
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Use it. That stuff's expensive. lol

I think you'll be fine.
Soldevi is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beginner question jpeebs Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 10 10-25-2012 09:30 PM
beginner question efelger Cheese Making Forum 3 09-05-2012 05:58 AM
Beginner question. Johnnyrhine Mead Forum 3 02-02-2012 08:59 PM
Beginner Hop question cronik Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 10 11-28-2010 10:59 PM
Beginner question 40ozOLDe Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 4 04-03-2007 11:28 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS