Mini Chicago/burbs buy - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > Mini Chicago/burbs buy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
Brewenstein
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
West Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 674
iTrader: (1)
Liked 101 Times on 74 Posts



Hey guys - Somehow I missed the big group buy that is wrapping up right now. I do have an account at Mid-Country Malt so I can buy when I want, but to get the best pricing, I need to get at least 14 sacks. I have a few guys that need some grain, but not quite enough. Anyone else miss out and need a few sacks? I am looking to make a run to Mid-Country in 1-2 weeks, so let me know. Either post here, or send me a PM.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #2
ghoti
 
ghoti's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Naperville, Illinois
Posts: 306
iTrader: (1)
Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts


Which suburb?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
Brewenstein
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
West Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 674
iTrader: (1)
Liked 101 Times on 74 Posts


I live in Lombard.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
ghoti
 
ghoti's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Naperville, Illinois
Posts: 306
iTrader: (1)
Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts


I can be in for a few bags if it will help you reach your goal. I have a local group meeting this Thursday and I can see if there are others who are interested.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
Brewenstein
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
West Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 674
iTrader: (1)
Liked 101 Times on 74 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
I can be in for a few bags if it will help you reach your goal. I have a local group meeting this Thursday and I can see if there are others who are interested.
Awesome. I won't go until sometime next week at the earliest. PM me your e-mail address and I will forward you the catalog.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:43 AM   #6
RacingRam
 
RacingRam's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2012
Madison, WI
Posts: 184
iTrader: (1)
Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewenstein
Hey guys - Somehow I missed the big group buy that is wrapping up right now. I do have an account at Mid-Country Malt so I can buy when I want, but to get the best pricing, I need to get at least 14 sacks. I have a few guys that need some grain, but not quite enough. Anyone else miss out and need a few sacks? I am looking to make a run to Mid-Country in 1-2 weeks, so let me know. Either post here, or send me a PM.
I'd probably be in for a sack or 2. Flying in/out of Chicago for thanksgiving...would it be possible for me to pick up the Sunday after?
__________________
RACING RAM BREWERY
  • A beer geek is someone who cares what they drink. A beer snob is someone who cares what YOU drink.
  • I just saw a man drinking a beer before noon but in his defense, he is me.
  • You know what they say: beer before liquor, never sicker. Liquor before pain killers and muscle relaxers, teepee town barbecue sound!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #7
mwandrusz
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

I'm also in Lombard, and depending on pricing, would be in for two sacks, maybe three.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #8
Brewenstein
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
West Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 674
iTrader: (1)
Liked 101 Times on 74 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mwandrusz View Post
I'm also in Lombard, and depending on pricing, would be in for two sacks, maybe three.
Ok. I will be out of town from tomorrow through Sunday. When I get back, I will get this thing better organized and get back to you and everyone else that contacted me.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #9
mwandrusz
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Excellent. I can't swallow paying $45/sack at the brew and grow again.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 AM   #10
ghoti
 
ghoti's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Naperville, Illinois
Posts: 306
iTrader: (1)
Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts


Brew - any update to organizing?

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump