First, flattened the freezer / chill plate down the back of the freezer. Seems to be working fine so far. A little worried about the temperature issues earlier in the thread but we'll see. The red is where I reattached the thermometer probe to the chill plate. The blue is where I repositioned the ceiling anchors to keep the chill plate stable & in place.
Then went at the door. The black plastic gasket is magnetic and sits really well into a ridge in the inner-door plastic so I didn't want to rip the whole thing out. I used a utility knife to slice through the extruding plastic & foam to end up with a flat door.
Came off nicely. Trimmed down the rough edges and the soda can dispenser bumps after this photo.
And this is where I'm at so far. I think I'm going to buy a sheet of HDPE or plexiglass to cover the door and to make it flat & better insulated.
Still not sure whether to put in a tower fan or do some kind of copper tubing system like Hovik. I think I read in another thread that the copper tubing only works so well and there is still a "first pour foam" problem.
Also, just going to run with the knob thermostat that came with the fridge as long as it works with the repositioned probe. Doing a temp test now so I guess I'll find out soon!
Fridge had no temp issues with repositioned plate. Before the spike is a glass of water freezing (~3hrs). After the spike is the "recommended setting" on the thermostat that ended up stabilizing around 34.5º.