Found beer! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Found beer!

Old 10-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7721 Times on 5424 Posts

Anybody that knows me knows that I'm pretty, um, well, organized. (Bob says "anal"). I know where everything I own is, and it's all in its place. I hate clutter, and my desk looks like no one uses it.

I knew I had some empty kegs in the kegerator, but never pulled them out because I didn't have time to clean them. So I'm down to one open tap, since my friends kicked the IPA keg on Wednesday. Anyway, I pulled out the empty kegs, and went to move the full (stout) kegs.

I'll be darned! There's a keg that isn't empty!!!!!!!! It's an IPA, labelled with the name. It's not old, but now I remember jumping a portion of it to a new keg to take to my friend's camp on October 15. I must have just not put it back on tap, and assumed it was empty.

This is the first time ever that I have "Found Beer"! I've heard that others have done that, but it's pretty hard to believe. But yes, now I will be having "Found Beer" during the Packer game.

Life is good when you're so simple.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5303 Times on 4516 Posts

I've "found" beer I thought I was out of. Mostly it's due to lack of organization. I didn't label it. Forgot it was where it was. Put more in my special aged reserve stash than I thought.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
hefwit
Recipes 

Sep 2012
fairbanks, alaska
Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

I was beach camping in South East Alaska and a super high tide floated off an Action packer of my stuff during the night. The next day some friends went out in a boat, and not only did they find the Action Packer, but they found a case of Ranier (not ours) floating next to it. So not a partial keg of home brew, but still tasty on the beach.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
Frige
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Houston, Texas
Liked 68 Times on 48 Posts

We were at a festival last night and the whole night there was a unopened can of bud light sitting right next to me for a couple of hours unclaimed. I know what your thinking he drank it! And I would have too as abandoned beer has salvage rights. But I hate bud light. Finally a guy sat down beside us and after 20 minutes figured it out and drank it. Nothing like a hot nasty bud light when your drunk. LOL

Old 10-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #5
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2008
, Maryland, The Tax Me State
Liked 527 Times on 400 Posts

My memory isn't worth a 'hoot'. I find bottles of beer all the time because I hide them from myself. Hell, I bet I could hide my own Easter eggs....

BradleyBrew Likes This 
Old 10-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4765 Times on 3217 Posts

I sometimes forget I have beer brewed that is still in the fermenter.

I'm pretty sure I have some BGSA in a box in my room, but that's not forgotten, it's just taking a long time to drink.