Beersmith2 "My Reciples" Folder + Ubuntu

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pie_Man

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I recently started using ubuntu and I'm having an issue where the "My Recipes" folder in Beersmith2 is empty although there are a few recipes in the /Home/Beersmith2 directory. I'm a bit of an ubuntu noob, but I thought that's the file location I was supposed to use. When I go to File -> Change Documents Directory ->, it's pointed at the same place.

If I create a new recipe, the recipe appears under the "My Recipes" folder in Beersmith, but I have no idea where the actual file is located.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I haven't touched my Linux partition in forever, so the only advice I can give you is contact beersmith. Brad was surprisingly quick to respond to a question I bad asked him.

Thanks phoenixs4r, I wrote Brad Smith and he replied later that same day. Thank you Brad as well.

Here's Brad's answer to my questions:

Under Ubuntu I believe everything gets stored in a hidden directory under your home directory (~/.beersmith I think or something like that).

However, when importing recipes here is how to do it:

- Open the BSMX file you want to import using the Open command in the program
- Select the recipes you want to keep, then copy them
- Go to your "My Recipes" folder (or a subfolder of it) and paste them in

To export recipes from BeerSmith
- Select the recipes to export
- Right click on one, and use "Export selected" to save them as a BSMX file.

Simple enough! Everything worked as Brad described.
Hint: To show hidden files in ubuntu's nautilus file system, click view -> show hidden files, or ctrl+h

Back