Repeating Mouse Traps - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Repeating Mouse Traps

Old 10-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #21
fpweeks
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2011
shohola, pa
Liked 37 Times on 30 Posts

It's easy enough to get rid if a mouse floating in a bucket of water.....and there are times I catch multiples.

I toss the water when there's a dead one in there....no smell....no mess. I guess if I didn't check it every day it might get rank.

https://www.facebook.com/pourhousebrews

Old 10-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #22
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade
Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts

Well that is perfect timing, I just changed the antifreeze on one of my cars last weekend so I have a big laundry jug of what I drained out to put in the bucket.

Haha ok this was a drunken rambling thread so here goes

MOUSE CATCHING CONTEST THIS WEEKEND!!! Who wants to have a contest to see who can catch the most mice in their basement, garage, etc, this weekend? Any kind of roden mole, vole, mice, rats, whatever, each counts as a point?

Old 10-27-2012, 03:01 AM   #23
JohnnyO

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Hamden, CT
Liked 917 Times on 857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupine73 View Post
So they are able to crawl across the rod to get to the can? I'm guessing they would be able to do that ... I might try that out using just some scrap steel rod.
Yep. It's no wider than a wire coat hanger, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupine73 View Post
Well that is perfect timing, I just changed the antifreeze on one of my cars last weekend so I have a big laundry jug of what I drained out to put in the bucket.

Haha ok this was a drunken rambling thread so here goes

MOUSE CATCHING CONTEST THIS WEEKEND!!! Who wants to have a contest to see who can catch the most mice in their basement, garage, etc, this weekend? Any kind of roden mole, vole, mice, rats, whatever, each counts as a point?
We killed five in the first two nights. Only one since. I wonder if they have an internet of their own? "Don't go to that dude's house. The peanut butter is bad. We haven't seen Mickey in three days."

porcupine73 Likes This 
Old 10-27-2012, 03:05 AM   #24
porcupine73
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Fort Meade
Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts

Haha yes I think they somehow do know if something is funny about the situation. I've heard people say if your trap stops producing to move it a few feet from where it was, since they get 'used to it' in one spot. This thing i had where the two were 'friendly with each other' ... and proceeded to rip the throat out of the third caught in the trap was a little weird. I'm actually having a little trouble dealing with that. But such it is I guess ...

Ok coat hanger width I can do, I have to score a beer can somewhere, I don't have one. I have some straight steel rod a bit larger dia than a coat hanger but I think it should work. I did set a trap bucket tonight, but it has just the 'ramp' and the PB smeared on the ramp and then down in the bucket with the oh-hopefully onlly = to tempting antifreeze down in there.

Before these dang things chew my electric up anymore and eventually set the house on fire. Actually I think only the squirrels have chewed at the wiring, through the outer sheath of the romex. But I don't think they can get in anywmore.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #25
alpha224
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

We had a mouse or rat that made its way into our heating ducts once...glue traps worked...we've had a few stray cats end up in the loft of our garage, in that instance we've used live catch traps and either took them to the local shelter or released them far away from our property. The one stray cat was in such bad condition, we had to put it out of its misery. But that was when I didn't like cats.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
ChuckO
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Keyrock, WV
Liked 144 Times on 103 Posts

Toast some corn meal and mix it 50/50 with Portland Cement. Works as well as Decon and dogs and cats will not get poisoned from eating the dead mice.

porcupine73 Likes This