Greetings from New Zealand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubnorix

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

New home brewer joining from the land of the long white cloud here.

Currently a BIAB brewer and looking to head into full all grain slowly as I collect more tools. Started off with pre-hopped coopers kits and jumped straight from them to BIAB after brewing one extract and seeing the cost of it!

Awesome website, been lurking for a while now decided to finally sign up

Hey Dubnorix, Welcome,,, If you don't mind me asking what's the homebrew culture in New Zealand? Are their lots of homebrew shops and clubs?

As far as I know nearly everyone I know either has homebrewed or has a brother or mate who has or did. 99% of the time however it's the coopers pre-hopped kits and that's all they get into. So they are pretty big over here.

A few shops around and a couple of online retailers starting to get good service I find.

I'm pretty new to brewing and only just getting into all grain/BIAB. I'm not sure on clubs or anything to be honest, I don't know of any personally, but i'm sure there are ones out there.

Welcome!
Anybody you know using Black Rock malt or Black Rock extract kits?

I recently heard they were thinking of exporting from New Zealand and distributing in USA.

Yup I did a few of the black rock kits they are pretty good. Very easy to make, which is what pulls everyone in I guess.

Would be interested to see how they do if heading over that way. I think the main reason they do well here is that extract is so expensive that semi easy middle step is off putting.

Hey, similar over here in the UK I started in the same with a Coopers kit and kilo, an extract or 2 and then into biab although at the moment I don't have any desire to move to 3vessel brewing I like KISS and biab does that for me.

Back