No matter what- You too will do stupid shiz - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > No matter what- You too will do stupid shiz

Old 10-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #41
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Last night I made chili. Because my wife and I both like a little more heat in our chili than just cayenne, and because my stomach cant handle scotch bonnets, I sliced up about 6 nice red jalepenos. And then I did it. What's the one thing you are told over and over again NOT to do?

Yup, I rubbed my eye. 20 something years of hearing chefs and yutzes on the morning shows warning you not to rub your eyes when you have handled hot peppers, and here I was... jumping around my kitchen shouting "F'! SH!T!"

SWBO "WHAT?!"
ME: "I just rubbed my eye...!"
SWMBO: "oh no! flush it with water!!"
ME: "I CANT! Its still on my hands!
SWMBO: "OK I'm coming!"
ME: "Get the vinegar for my hands, I cant see!" *bumps into her and shouts F'! again"*
SWMBO: "I cant reach it, the shelf is too high!"
ME: "WHY ARE YOU SO FRIGGING SHORT?!"
SWMBO: "Be nice! Now come to the sink!"

Thats right, I wound up bent over the sink flushing my eyes in my wife's cupped hands. All the while saying "wow, Im an idiot, Im REALLY an idiot. That was dumb."

So yeah, what's something you know you shouldn't do, you've been told a million times, and yet you still do/did it. In before you, Chapp, yeah yeah, clicking on a CreamyGoodness thread. RDRR. Humpf.

If you are wondering, by the way, the chili still came out darned good. I put beans in mine. Some of you will just have to deal with that.
So I read this this morning and it made want to make chili for dinner. So I did. But somehow, even keeping your story in mind I still managed to f*** this up. I cut up two jalapenos to put in my chili and did what I deemed to be a thorough hand washing. Cut to an hour and a half later; all the ingredients are in, the chili's been cooking down for a while and I decide to go for a run while it's cooking. Cut to twenty minutes later when I am at 2.5 miles and have been wiping my forehead with with my jalapeno handling hand. Yep, now I've got jalapeno death sweat dripping into my eyes and I've still got 2.5 miles to go to get home. I very nearly broke down and tried to hitch a ride so I could get home to flush my eyes. But I'm stubborn and I'm a man, so I toughed it out. Anyway, the lesson I want to pass on is that if you think you've done enough to clean your hand of pepper oils, do some more. It's still there.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 10-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #42
gcdowd
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Baldwinsville, NY
Liked 201 Times on 151 Posts

Spilled scalding bacon grease on myself last week. Believe it or not, this is my arm looking much better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121025_202540.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	81006

Old 11-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #43
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdowd View Post
Spilled scalding bacon grease on myself last week. Believe it or not, this is my arm looking much better.

Attachment 81006
Damn.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 11-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #44
Dr. Francois
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Okemos, MI, Michigan
Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Last night I made chili. Because my wife and I both like a little more heat in our chili than just cayenne, and because my stomach cant handle scotch bonnets, I sliced up about 6 nice red jalepenos. And then I did it. What's the one thing you are told over and over again NOT to do?

Yup, I rubbed my eye. 20 something years of hearing chefs and yutzes on the morning shows warning you not to rub your eyes when you have handled hot peppers, and here I was... jumping around my kitchen shouting "F'! SH!T!"

SWBO "WHAT?!"
ME: "I just rubbed my eye...!"
SWMBO: "oh no! flush it with water!!"
ME: "I CANT! Its still on my hands!
SWMBO: "OK I'm coming!"
ME: "Get the vinegar for my hands, I cant see!" *bumps into her and shouts F'! again"*
SWMBO: "I cant reach it, the shelf is too high!"
ME: "WHY ARE YOU SO FRIGGING SHORT?!"
SWMBO: "Be nice! Now come to the sink!"

Thats right, I wound up bent over the sink flushing my eyes in my wife's cupped hands. All the while saying "wow, Im an idiot, Im REALLY an idiot. That was dumb."

So yeah, what's something you know you shouldn't do, you've been told a million times, and yet you still do/did it. In before you, Chapp, yeah yeah, clicking on a CreamyGoodness thread. RDRR. Humpf.

If you are wondering, by the way, the chili still came out darned good. I put beans in mine. Some of you will just have to deal with that.
You are a great writer! Thanks for this.

Can you explain your signature quotes?

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
--Kurt Vonnegut

Old 11-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #45
m_c_zero
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Fort Collins, CO
Liked 207 Times on 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdowd View Post
Spilled scalding bacon grease on myself last week.
I bet it smelled delicious at least...

Old 11-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #46
gcdowd
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Baldwinsville, NY
Liked 201 Times on 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_c_zero

I bet it smelled delicious at least...
Yeah I admit it did. My arm said otherwise

Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #47