No matter what- You too will do stupid shiz - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > No matter what- You too will do stupid shiz

Old 10-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #11
JeepDiver
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Highlands Ranch, CO
Liked 147 Times on 115 Posts

Not me, but this was going around all the jeep/bronco/auto boards several years ago. Still might be one of the funniest things I have ever read on the internet http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=18595

Old 10-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
jhhicks
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Ouch! I had a hot pepper flake get in my eye when we were eating pizza outside on a nice afternoon and I was spicing up my slice of pie. That sucked!

Chili oddity here in Indy (Which I don't, being from MS I think this is really weird and still do after 10 years of living here) - noodles in the bottom of the bowl, chili on top.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #13
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5013 Times on 3384 Posts

I once made a grenade out of a medicine bottle, some pebbles and a firecracker. I fingered the fuse to make it burn slow, and had a friend light it while I tried to put the cap on and throw it. Didn't get the cap on, but I did manage to toss it. Got about 4 feet from me when it went off.

Somehow the bits of pebbles only stuck in my hands and legs. My face was unhurt, but I couldn't hear much for the rest of the day.

I'm pretty sure I could do a better job now that I'm older and more experienced.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #14
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Palmer, MA
Liked 2089 Times on 1810 Posts

I got a high pressure jet nozzle for my garden hose, and turned it on while looking directly into the nozzle. Felt like I'd blown my eyeball apart. I immediately clapped a hand over the eye, and was afraid to look at it for several minutes. There was no damage, but I still have no idea how I could have done such a stupid thing.

Oh, so you're just gonna sit there drinkin beer from your keg, sh!ttin in the kitchen sink, and watching him work -Xaphoeous

I McDrunko and this beer is Amazing!- McBrewskie

Old 10-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #15
Jayhem
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Culpeper, VA
Liked 279 Times on 225 Posts

Funny mention chili, cayenne pepper and adding more hot peppers to it!

on Monday night my wife cooked white chicken chili and decided to try adding some "hot sauce" because she and I both like it hot. Well the hot sauce she grabbed from the fridge was my home made Bolivian Chili Pepper sauce (about as hot as habanero). Well this sauce is about 50% pure pepper puree and the rest is garlic and vinegar....

She must have dumped in 3-4 heaping tablespoons in the 1 gallon batch of chili because it was the hottest chili I have ever eaten...I was on the can at least 3 times Tuesday morning at the office!

Look on the bright side...at least you didn't cut up scotch bonnets and then rub your eye. Jalapeno is a sweet pepper compared to those.
Keg #1: White Mosaic Pale Ale
Keg #2: Empty
Drinking: Amber Ale, White Mosaic Pale Ale

Old 10-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #16
kombat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Liked 1973 Times on 1240 Posts

Not me, but I was present when it happened:

In my teenage years, I was in Air Cadets, and every now and then we'd go on a "bush trip," just basically spending the weekend in the woods, learning how to build campfires, lean-to shelters, identify animal tracks, that sort of things. Anyway one year we went on one in October, and it was particularly cold (almost freezing).

One of the cadets who fancied himself particularly "woodsmanly" (you know the type, always has a pocket knife on him, uses carabiners for everything, refuses to admit when he's cold/tired/hungry) had brought a chocolate bar with him. He wanted to break off a piece, but since it was near-freezing, the chocolate bar was practically frozen solid. So he sits down, sets the bar on his thigh, whips out his buck knife, and proceeds to stab at one of the creases in the chocolate bar to break off the end.

Smash cut to one of the leaders rushing a crying 15-year-old out of the camp, back towards the cars, with a rapidly-spreading red stain on his thigh, screaming, "Keep pressure on it!"

Old 10-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
WesleyS
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhhicks

Chili oddity here in Indy (Which I don't, being from MS I think this is really weird and still do after 10 years of leaving here) - noodles in the bottom of the bowl, chili on top.
That sounds "different."
I actually like to fry sliced potatoes to eat with my chili. Not sure if that's odd or not, just something I've always done.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #18
WesleyS
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonaZamboni
I got a high pressure jet nozzle for my garden hose, and turned it on while looking directly into the nozzle. Felt like I'd blown my eyeball apart. I immediately clapped a hand over the eye, and was afraid to look at it for several minutes. There was no damage, but I still have no idea how I could have done such a stupid thing.
That reminds me of another stupid thing I did when I knew better. One part of my business is power washing. One day I needed to rotate the nozzle and for some reason I still don't understand, I pulled the trigger to check before removing my finger from the nozzle. The result was a 4000 psi jet of water slicing through my thumb. It hurt so bad I never made that mistake again.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
Jayhem
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Culpeper, VA
Liked 279 Times on 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS View Post
That sounds "different."
I actually like to fry sliced potatoes to eat with my chili. Not sure if that's odd or not, just something I've always done.
That actually sounds pretty good. I always loved tortilla chips on my chili.
Keg #1: White Mosaic Pale Ale
Keg #2: Empty
Drinking: Amber Ale, White Mosaic Pale Ale

Old 10-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #20
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7678 Times on 6274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhhicks View Post
Chili oddity here in Indy (Which I don't, being from MS I think this is really weird and still do after 10 years of living here) - noodles in the bottom of the bowl, chili on top.
we call that Greek Spaghetti.