No matter what- You too will do stupid shiz - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > No matter what- You too will do stupid shiz

Old 10-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Last night I made chili. Because my wife and I both like a little more heat in our chili than just cayenne, and because my stomach cant handle scotch bonnets, I sliced up about 6 nice red jalepenos. And then I did it. What's the one thing you are told over and over again NOT to do?

Yup, I rubbed my eye. 20 something years of hearing chefs and yutzes on the morning shows warning you not to rub your eyes when you have handled hot peppers, and here I was... jumping around my kitchen shouting "F'! SH!T!"

SWBO "WHAT?!"
ME: "I just rubbed my eye...!"
SWMBO: "oh no! flush it with water!!"
ME: "I CANT! Its still on my hands!
SWMBO: "OK I'm coming!"
ME: "Get the vinegar for my hands, I cant see!" *bumps into her and shouts F'! again"*
SWMBO: "I cant reach it, the shelf is too high!"
ME: "WHY ARE YOU SO FRIGGING SHORT?!"
SWMBO: "Be nice! Now come to the sink!"

Thats right, I wound up bent over the sink flushing my eyes in my wife's cupped hands. All the while saying "wow, Im an idiot, Im REALLY an idiot. That was dumb."

So yeah, what's something you know you shouldn't do, you've been told a million times, and yet you still do/did it. In before you, Chapp, yeah yeah, clicking on a CreamyGoodness thread. RDRR. Humpf.

If you are wondering, by the way, the chili still came out darned good. I put beans in mine. Some of you will just have to deal with that.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 10-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
dkwolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Sac City, IA
Liked 370 Times on 221 Posts

Couple years ago I was trimming a neoprene vest for my dog prior to the start of hunting season, using a utility knife to clean up the edge of one of the leg holes. Paused at one point, looked at the way I was working and thought "Y'know, this would be a great way to slice my finger"

Wouldn't you know, less than 5 seconds later the blade slipped and gashed the tip of my left index finger.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts

I once went SCUBA diving while I was sick and congested. Got a few feet down and realized I couldn't equalize, so I stopped and tried to equalize for a minute. Still couldn't do it so I said, f*** it (in my head, obviously) and kept going down to about 70 ft. That f-ing hurts. I'm surprised I didn't bust my ear drums that way. Also I ended up with a bloody nose because of it. And if that's not enough, I did it again on the second dive of the day, but that was only to 30 ft so it wasn't as bad, but still very stupid. Never again.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 10-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Spanish Fort, AL
Liked 707 Times on 425 Posts

At least you didn't go take a leak before washing the chili off of your hands...
"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
WesleyS
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 4216 Times on 2789 Posts

I've also done the jalapeño thing. I always say I'm going to buy some gloves for slicing jalapeños but never do.
Also cutting toward myself with a knife when I know I shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
I put beans in mine. Some of you will just have to deal with that.
BTW, I also made chili last night and I always put pinto and black beans in mine. So you won't hear any complaints from me.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7450 Times on 6106 Posts

I never do stupid sh!t.

I simply learn, first hand, new ways to not do something.

Barnzy02 Likes This 
Old 10-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS View Post

BTW, I also made chili last night and I always put pinto and black beans in mine. So you won't hear any complaints from me.
Hehe nice. I have literally been talked to like I was an idiot for putting beans in my chili because apparently "purists" use only meat and sauce. The day I forcefeed someone chili with beans is the day that that is acceptable behavior.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 10-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 492 Times on 381 Posts

it doesn't hurt that bad.

the worst is when you make chili then go to take your contacts out. once you get one out and the burn sets in and you realize what's happening, you have a decision to make:

"do i take the other one out, or put that one back in?"

either way, you're in for more pain.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

– "A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 10-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #9
NCangler17
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Where I come from we have:

1) Chili - used for toppings of Sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs. Only contains meat and sauce

2) Chili beans - made with meat, sauce, and beans. Served as a stand alone meal in a bowl.

No complaints on the beans, it's a fine meal.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #10
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7450 Times on 6106 Posts

And, oh, I love the flavor of Scotch Bonnets. Especially smoked.

But no, my stomach cannot take them. Nor can my further part.