Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Need to Dry hop the dead guy. How much?

Old 10-25-2012, 04:52 AM   #1
ilv4xn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Need to Dry hop the dead guy. How much?

I made two batches of Yoopers dead guy. It is missing something I think it needs a touch of hop flavor to counter the sweetness. I have 1.5 oz of Sazz left in the freezer I want to dry hop it for three days before serving it at a Halloween party. How much should I dump in the keg tonight?

Old 10-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
kylevester
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilv4xn View Post
I made two batches of Yoopers dead guy. It is missing something I think it needs a touch of hop flavor to counter the sweetness. I have 1.5 oz of Sazz left in the freezer I want to dry hop it for three days before serving it at a Halloween party. How much should I dump in the keg tonight?
Dry hopping will only provide aroma and won't affect the sweetness issue. Unless it's cloyingly sweet, I don't think you'll need to worry about people not drinking it. When you brew, you're usually your harshest critic.

So, dump it all in if you want some more hop aroma. I usually use 3 oz at a time for dry hopping because the kits I've used in the past only called for 1 oz and provided nothing noticeable.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #3
basilchef
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylevester

Dry hopping will only provide aroma and won't affect the sweetness issue. Unless it's cloyingly sweet, I don't think you'll need to worry about people not drinking it. When you brew, you're usually your harshest critic.

So, dump it all in if you want some more hop aroma. I usually use 3 oz at a time for dry hopping because the kits I've used in the past only called for 1 oz and provided nothing noticeable.
Agreed. Also you may want to dry hop sooner. Optimal time is 7 to 10 days. Do it tmro. Cheers

Old 10-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
ilv4xn
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I put about 1.5oz Sazz and .25oz cascade pellet. in each of two kegs fingers crossed. I would hate to serve bad beer at a party. If worst comes to worse I drive 20min to Widmer and shell out $135