Lost wedding ring - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Lost wedding ring

Old 10-25-2012, 02:49 AM   #1
ahaley
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Tracy, Ca
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

If anyone lives in south Lake Tahoe ca, and happens to find a size 8 tungsten carbide ring in the bijou park on the southern edge of the golf course near hole 18(?) let me know. It's in the snow and you'll see where I've been digging for it lol.
Snowball fight w/ wife = missing ring.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #2
DoubleAught

Recipes 

May 2011
Seymour, Indiana
Liked 106 Times on 81 Posts

at least it happened when you were with her...(ie: why are you taking your wedding ring off )
In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #3
ahaley
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Tracy, Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAught
at least it happened when you were with her...(ie: why are you taking your wedding ring off )
That's one way of looking at it I guess ha. I've been digging for hours, bought a metal detector hoping I could find it but the snow was giving off false tones?? Nearly got frost bite in my fingers and knees it was a rough few days lol. Oh well luckily my ring is cheap because people don't like tungsten, so it's only like 300$ but I'm hoping I can strike a deal with the jewelers.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
A4J
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2008
the Desert, CA
Liked 30 Times on 25 Posts

ha! my friend lost his the same way - in a snowball fight with his wife.

My mid-century modern keezer build thread.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
The_Dog_42
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Austin, Tx
Liked 77 Times on 59 Posts

I was able to find a tungsten carbide ring for about $100 online. Not sure about in a size 8 though and it didn't have the lifetime resizings. It was my original wedding band though.

Since then I've moved onto a tattoo because I was taking it off 3-4 times a week when working out or working on house projects.
My 10 yr old chocolate lab Guinness :D thinks her name is goddammit dog or fu@%in' puppy...I think if she were registerable :drunk: her full name would Goddammit Guinness Stop It...Go Away!!! And we Love her dearly :)
My Keg-O-Vision (Kegerator) Build

My Butcherblock-esque Fermentation Chamber

Old 10-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
ahaley
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Tracy, Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4J
ha! my friend lost his the same way - in a snowball fight with his wife.
Oh man lol at least I'm not the only one!

Old 10-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
ahaley
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Tracy, Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dog_42
I was able to find a tungsten carbide ring for about $100 online. Not sure about in a size 8 though and it didn't have the lifetime resizings. It was my original wedding band though.

Since then I've moved onto a tattoo because I was taking it off 3-4 times a week when working out or working on house projects.
Ill have to check that out thanks for the heads up, and I can't really get a tattoo of it did to the army being the way they are.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
nutty_gnome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Princeton, Nj
Liked 124 Times on 98 Posts

I lost mine 3 months after getting married. I was responsible for the turkey on thanksgiving and I swear--- while working with the stuffing and carving the turkey... somehow it slipped off. I have no idea where it went to this day but suspect it was left in the turkey carcass somehow even though I searched the garbage. My wife was 'rootin-tooin' mad but we were young and I had a new one by Christmas (though smaller and cheaper). I am still wearing it now; it basically never comes off.

My brother in law bought a beautiful band and then he lost it within a year. He was at the shore, the water was a bit cold and the ring just dropped off his finger into the briny depths. He replaced his with a steel one.

So no worries, it happens! Life goes on with or without a metal band.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5012 Times on 3383 Posts

I haven't worn my wedding ring in years. I never got used to the feel of it and when it got all bent (cheap ring) and cracked, I had it fixed and it just got all bent again, so I just took it off. I think it hangs in my wife's jewelry case on a chain.

I got more attention from the ladies when I wore it than I ever did after taking it off. What is up with you ladies who like to hit on the married men??

RScottyL Likes This 
Old 10-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
Obliviousbrew

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Liked 230 Times on 161 Posts

So thatīs how they call it now "a snowball figth with the wife"...uhmm... interesting