old hobbies - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > old hobbies

Old 10-25-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
todd_k

Recipes 

Jan 2006
RVA
Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts

SWMBO says I should start up some old hobbies again to deal with my stress. She asks what my old hobbies were. I tell her comic books and more video games. She frowns and says I should buy a new chiller so I can brew again. Whatever you say, dear!

jsguitar Likes This 
Old 10-25-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
ahaley
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Tracy, Ca
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_k
SWMBO says I should start up some old hobbies again to deal with my stress. She asks what my old hobbies were. I tell her comic books and more video games. She frowns and says I should buy a new chiller so I can brew again. Whatever you say, dear!
Video games, shooting, fishing, wood carving, working on my jeep and a few more that involve spending money on things I don't need and getting yelled at by SWMBO. Good luck!

Old 10-25-2012, 03:48 AM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7732 Times on 5426 Posts

Oh, wow. My old hobbies aren't nearly as good as I'd like them to have been, if I can get "brewing" as a tame one!

I guess I can talk about going SCUBA diving in Bonaire, and see if when I get "that look" I can just suggest 50 pounds of two-row instead. That might be a winner.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:57 AM   #4
ahaley
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Tracy, Ca
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper
Oh, wow. My old hobbies aren't nearly as good as I'd like them to have been, if I can get "brewing" as a tame one!

I guess I can talk about going SCUBA diving in Bonaire, and see if when I get "that look" I can just suggest 50 pounds of two-row instead. That might be a winner.
Lucky you, I've wanted to scuba dive for years now, sky diving was super fun also but too expensive for me now ha. Do you grow your 2 row?

Old 10-25-2012, 03:59 AM   #5
jsguitar
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2011
Overland Park, KS
Liked 127 Times on 100 Posts

Nicely played Todd!

I don't have too many 'old' hobbies except for one I guess. When I was a kid I used to build and launch model rockets. I had a vacant field behind my house and could just do it whenever. It was a lot of fun. Now that I have a son I was thinking he would get a kick out of it and I'd get to play with them again too.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:19 AM   #6
45_70sharps

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington
Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts

My old hobbies were drinking with the boys and chasing women.
Since becoming divorced I've tried taking that up again.
With a seven year old daughter, I get more chances at drinking with the guys than chasing women.
Since it's over 20 years since I used to do this, the single attractive women are harder to find too.

Shooting, reloading, cars, archery and muzzle loaders are fun though. I'm more into antique guns than before now.

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 10-25-2012, 04:42 AM   #7
tally350z
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Liked 90 Times on 75 Posts

Lets see here. When I was younger I played hockey for some local teams here in my town. I played paintball on a national semi-pro team. I enjoy working on my car. Camping in the woods, and hanging with the guys.
Kegged
- Burton IPA, Munich Lager, Cream Ale
Bottled - Muscadine Port, Imperial Stout

North Florida Brewers League

Old 10-25-2012, 05:03 AM   #8
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Taylorsville, Utah
Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Anything to do with models.. no, not chicks eventhough they were constantly in my dreams but putting things together.. that led to rockets and R/C everything.. still have my planes, cars and a boat (swamp buggy).. I wanted to get a helicopter when they were becoming popular but they were not cheap and girls definitely became priority..
Father of 4 girls

Suffers from Zymocenosilicaphobia

Old 10-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #9
Sir Humpsalot

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Liked 87 Times on 69 Posts

Building an experimental airplane, flying, semi-professional chess, girls to do the dishes, motorcycling... no wait, that's transportation for me, not a hobby. Spreadsheet calculations for ridiculous things, girls to clean up my room, photography, guitars and recording, autocross, girls to do the laundry, and going to school. I love learning new stuff.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #10
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 854 Times on 626 Posts

Jumping out of airplanes and helicopters. One day I'll get around to it again.