My Weldless Build Using Strut - Page 44 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > My Weldless Build Using Strut

Old 03-31-2013, 06:15 PM   #431
Drewski8986
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Baltimore, MD
Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

I got my burners mounted this weekend hopefully getting the gas pipe done this week

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-125072357.jpg
Views:	1289
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	112168   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1661335839.jpg
Views:	1566
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	112169  

marshallbeer Likes This 
Old 04-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #432
marshallbeer
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Nottingham, NH, New Hampshire
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski8986 View Post
I got my burners mounted this weekend hopefully getting the gas pipe done this week
Looks good!

Old 04-04-2013, 04:24 AM   #433
Drewski8986
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Baltimore, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallbeer

Looks good!
Thanks Marshall . I got the gas pipe and valves screwed together . My best friend is a master plumber I'm having him come over and check it out before I fit it . I think it's good but I'd rather be safe when dealing with gas
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3225445312.jpg
Views:	1436
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	113145  

Old 04-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #434
marshallbeer
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Nottingham, NH, New Hampshire
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski8986 View Post
Thanks Marshall . I got the gas pipe and valves screwed together . My best friend is a master plumber I'm having him come over and check it out before I fit it . I think it's good but I'd rather be safe when dealing with gas
I like how you bolted yours together better than I did mine. May have to switch mine. Did you polish your kegs? I was going to but I decided against it.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #435
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2009
ATL Burbs, Georgia
Liked 89 Times on 73 Posts

I keep looking at this thread. My local Home Depot is 1.5mi away and they stock two types of strut and the last time I looked there was a selection of brackets. I just don't know which ones to buy to start assembling. I guess the best thing to do is cut the pieces and then buy the brackets to assemble. I just really hate making multiple trips even it is only a 3mi round trip

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

Old 04-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #436
b-boy
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
The Frozen Tundra, NY
Liked 1204 Times on 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post
I keep looking at this thread. My local Home Depot is 1.5mi away and they stock two types of strut and the last time I looked there was a selection of brackets. I just don't know which ones to buy to start assembling. I guess the best thing to do is cut the pieces and then buy the brackets to assemble. I just really hate making multiple trips even it is only a 3mi round trip
I had a hard time getting the right brackets locally. The selection was limited and the parts were pretty sparce. HD/Lowes prices were pretty high for the brackets, bolts, and nuts.

I'd recommend getting brackets from http://www.strutchannelfittings.com. The shipping is free, the selection is fantastic, and the customer service is great. One of my shipments disappeared in transit. They sent out a replacement immediately, no questions asked. It never took more than 2 days to get my order.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #437
lpdjshaw
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Jun 2011
North County, San Diego
Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-boy View Post
I had a hard time getting the right brackets locally. The selection was limited and the parts were pretty sparce. HD/Lowes prices were pretty high for the brackets, bolts, and nuts.

I'd recommend getting brackets from http://www.strutchannelfittings.com. The shipping is free, the selections is fantastic, and the customer service is great. One of my shipments disappeared in transit. They sent out a replacement immediately, no questions asked. It never took more than 2 days to get my order.
Yep, agree, those guys rock! I ordered some of the wrong brackets and they not only refunded me but paid for the return shipping! I also wanted solid strut and got that from them as well. They'll even cut your pieces to length for no charge if you want.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #438
Drewski8986
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Baltimore, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallbeer

Did you polish your kegs? I was going to but I decided against it.
Yea I polished my kegs but I did not want a mirror finish I just wanted them to be easier to clean .

+1 to strut channel fittings . They have everything you need plus at a fraction of the price of hd or lowes . I did buy my lengths of strut from lowes though . I couldn't see having 50' of strut shipped .

Old 04-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #439
LuiInIdaho

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Ponderay, Idaho
Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts

I would totally agree with b-boy, lpdjshaw, and drewski.

I bought the strut channel from HD, but all the other fittings at the recommended site.

I drew out my design (just a rough sketch) to get an idea of the fittings I would need. I used the part numbers posted by the thread author. I ordered bolts, nuts, and washers in bulk packets. I received more than i needed, but it was also cheaper than ordering the exact amount needed. That put me well on my way for gathering the parts.

Good luck on your build.

Mark

Old 04-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #440
LiquidFlame

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Normal, IL
Liked 52 Times on 32 Posts

Google SketchUp is your friend, use it.

YouTube: BeerGeekGamer
Twitch: BeerGeekGamer