Visitors - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Visitors

Old 10-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #11
Goofynewfie
Recipes 

May 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Liked 312 Times on 207 Posts

I dont like people. Period. if it wasn't for my wife I would be a hermit living in the mountains by myself. people can knock all they want I just don't answer the door. nobody will just walk in cause the dog makes enough noise, she is a shepherd sheltie mix but she's all bark. the only person that gets in my house is my mother in law, luckly I work at night and sleep during the day

Airborneguy Likes This 
Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
Subsailor
Life is Tough, Stupid makes it Tougher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Liked 534 Times on 339 Posts

I don't care for visitors at all. We have very few Family and Friends here, that knock and then come on in. If the dogs let someone in that's cool but the majority of folks won't get past the door step. The dogs are very protective of the home and property line.
My wife is very gregarious and I would rather not deal with other people and their crap. She has actually told many that I am anti-social and so most visitors just leave me alone.
that works well for me.
The reverse is also true - I do not like to go "visiting" but my wife loves it.
SSBN 641 B

Old 10-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
OMJ
Recipes 

May 2009
Camp Hill, PA
Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts

While we have friends and family that come by unannounced its always to our back door because we have parking out back. If the front doorbell rings its probably someone we dont want to talk to.

The other day I had a political campaigner ring my 4 times right in a row. She then saw me through the window sitting on the couch and waved for me to come answer the door. So I waved for her to go away. She actually stood on my porch another 15 or 20 seconds before she realized I wasn't going to get up. I cant stand those people, especially since we live in an area that has a lot of people from various religions going door to door. Someone actually left a small Book of Mormon on my porch a couple years ago. I dont even know where there is a mormon around here.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #14
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Palmer, MA
Liked 2019 Times on 1754 Posts

I just started locking my door, but only to keep the ex-guy out. Just today, I forgot to lock and he walked right in, carrying mail from my post office box. That pisses me off. Otherwise, the door was always open.

Oh, so you're just gonna sit there drinkin beer from your keg, sh!ttin in the kitchen sink, and watching him work -Xaphoeous

I McDrunko and this beer is Amazing!- McBrewskie

Old 10-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
45_70sharps
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington
Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts

Depending on who it is, people stopping by is fine. I do like a call first though.
I did start locking the doors a few years back though. Actually about the time of my divorce. The ex would stop in and decide she needed more stuff so I changed the locks and kept them locked.
After she moved away, I still leave the door locked even when I'm home because I've got a neighbor who will let himself in.

Between the size and layout of my house I don't hear people knock most the time and my dogs are too lazy to bark. All my friends have my number though and I've gotten a call from people in my driveway before.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukebrewer View Post
because I'm usually either naked or they're interrupting my brew day.
Could be both . . .

nukebrewer Likes This 
Old 10-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #17
Obliviousbrew
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Liked 229 Times on 160 Posts

I donīt mind friends or family droping by unannounced, but I hate Jehova witnesses knocking on my door a Sunday at 9:00 AM. I am very respectfull of everybody else belief but this people donīt seem to understand that I just donīt care about what they preach. After telling them 6 weekends in a row to please not knock on my door specially on a Sunday at those hours; last time they droped by I just told them that I believed in the "Dark Lord" stare at them I made a subtle growl. This was a month ago and they havenīt come back since... maybe it was wrong to do that but it worked.

NochEineMassBitte Likes This 
Old 10-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #18
landshark
HMFIC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Lone Jack, Missouri
Liked 126 Times on 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukebrewer View Post
Other than that it's merely an annoyance because I'm usually either naked or they're interrupting my brew day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappers_ View Post
Could be both . . .
I have answered the door in a towel on several occasions. Never happy about it either, and I let whoever is at the door know I'm not happy about answering as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 10-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #19
sonofgrok
n00basaurus
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Waco, TX
Liked 313 Times on 223 Posts

I trained my 120 pound German Shepweiler to aggressively try to get through the door whenever someone rings the doorbell and I crack it. Most people are in a pretty big hurry to get out of there when they see me trying to hold him back. Little do they know he only wants to lick them, not bite them

I also sometimes like to answer my door whilst carrying a firearm. That does the trick a lot... especially with the security alarm salesmen.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #20
Whattawort
Recipes 

Aug 2012
East Bumfark, Yonder
Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts

I'm ok with unannounced visitors if they're ok with the sound of a shell being chambered in my Glock. In all seriousness, unless your hurt, bleeding, or in dire need of assistance, you better call before coming over and you better not try to walk in without knocking or ringing the doorbell first. I'm not a surprise visit kind of guy.

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare