Citra Hops....did I miss them already? - Page 10 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Citra Hops....did I miss them already?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #91
whitehause
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Fleetwood, Pa
Posts: 1,123
Liked 152 Times on 107 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoryChef View Post
10 gallons of zombie dust fermenting away. I can't believe how good this smells.
Yep....waiting for the boil right now. I'm gona do a 1/2 oz of Magnum at 60 instead of FWH. Shouldn't make much difference and will save me some Citra.


__________________
Screw it, Lets brew it

Primary 1- BM's Cream of three crops.
Primary 2- Paleface Scalper
Primary 3- Monks Reward (Kreuzberg)
Kegged - Honey Badger, Heady topper clone 1, Indian Paleface Scalper
Bottled- Skeptical Dog winter Lager, Hell's Belgian, Old Dutch Hiefer Hefe,Aphlewein, Chocolate Thunder porter, Jacked up lantern

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #92
swackattack
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 695
Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts


I didnt get it before...but after drinking my zd clone i do. Glad i ordered my lb



 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #93
Leeds1
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Gettsyburg, PA
Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoryChef
10 gallons of zombie dust fermenting away. I can't believe how good this smells.
Did 10 gallons of it today as well. The hop oil slick was great.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #94
sloose
Recipes 
 
Sep 2012
Posts: 180
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts


if i can procure a couple more lbs of it before it's all gone for the year I will certainly get a zombie dust going... my LHBS has a contract for 400lbs of the stuff and they havent gotten any
__________________
Bottled&Drinking: Founders All Day IPA Clone, Centennial blonde, Vienna Hefeweizen, Belgian wit, blizzard imperial IPA,
Conditioning: hard local cider
Primary: more local hard cider!
Secondary:
On Deck: English bitter, English IPA

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #95
SavoryChef
Recipes 
 
Feb 2012
Sparks, NV
Posts: 1,013
Liked 147 Times on 97 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by sloose View Post
if i can procure a couple more lbs of it before it's all gone for the year I will certainly get a zombie dust going... my LHBS has a contract for 400lbs of the stuff and they havent gotten any
Do they ship?
__________________
My Cellar http://www.cellarhq.com/cellar/Savorychef

Untappd: Savorychef

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:15 AM   #96
theBFG
Recipes 
 
Jun 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 104
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts


Just bought the grains for zd, will brew it sometime this week! Loved hearing how everyone loved that recipe, and citra is my favorite hop so I'm really looking forward to it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #97
BrewingChemist
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
cincinnati, ohio
Posts: 245
Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts


my hops are out for delivery today! so excited! thanks again for the heads up on yakima hops!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #98
BeardedMan
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
North NJ
Posts: 137
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanybell04
my hops are out for delivery today! so excited! thanks again for the heads up on yakima hops!
Same here. Glad we got the heads up. Now we need to make an Amarillo hops availability thread!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #99
theBFG
Recipes 
 
Jun 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 104
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedMan View Post
Same here. Glad we got the heads up. Now we need to make an Amarillo hops availability thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanybell04 View Post
my hops are out for delivery today! so excited! thanks again for the heads up on yakima hops!
Did yall end up getting yours yesterday? I got mine, really quick delivery! I went ahead and broke them up into 2 and 4 oz bags, but ended up with only 15.25 ounces...Every other place I've ordered pounds from I've ended up with 18-20 oz. Not that I was expecting to get more but...getting short changed? Not sure if that was worth the day or two less in delivery time since I won't be able to brew until this weekend and this was more of a backup for future brews...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #100
allenH
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Sanford, Florida
Posts: 4,310
Liked 2680 Times on 1578 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by theBFG

Did yall end up getting yours yesterday? I got mine, really quick delivery! I went ahead and broke them up into 2 and 4 oz bags, but ended up with only 15.25 ounces...Every other place I've ordered pounds from I've ended up with 18-20 oz. Not that I was expecting to get more but...getting short changed? Not sure if that was worth the day or two less in delivery time since I won't be able to brew until this weekend and this was more of a backup for future brews...
It could be your scale. My cheapo Walmart digital only measures to 1/10th of an ounce, so I measure in grams, which seems to be a little more accurate.



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Citra Hops Jay1 General Beer Discussion 12 08-30-2013 11:34 PM
Citra hops oze152 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 43 08-05-2013 12:52 PM
Have you used citra hops as bittering hops? I have... planker101 Recipes/Ingredients 19 09-27-2012 11:25 AM
citra hops? arnoldk2 Recipes/Ingredients 23 07-31-2012 03:41 PM
FS: Citra hops k47k For Sale 7 03-24-2012 01:12 PM


Forum Jump