Cheap propane hoses ONLINE?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atreid

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello...

This is getting ridiculous... I'm trying to find a decent propane hose supplier ONLINE. Most Home Depot only have stuff for BBQ... I'm trying to find a supplier selling various lenght hoses with regular 3/8" flare fittings, stuff like that. Even short hoses I find in Montreal are crazy expensive and even then, I know only ONE supplier... How can it be so hard to find... I need 1-2 feet max lenght, it's just to go from black steel pipes to the burners...

Please don't tell me to go to a local propane place, most of them refered me to the one I already know, it's like a mafia city scam or something... :confused::confused:

I'd prefer to find a place in Canada, but I'd even order from the US at that point... I'm just so tired of searching...

Thanks! :p

I bought my replacement at my local Home Depot for $24.00. Once you factor in shipping, especially from the States to Canada, I don't think you are going to get much cheaper than that.

i bought my hose from menards (probably dont have them in canada) for something like 14. but prior to that i was tempted to order from bigway.com. i havent ordered from them, but they do have a good selection. but shipping to canada might be a bit cost prohibitive.

Thx guys...!

Obviously, propane hoses are costly wherever you buy them... On long term, I'll probably end up buying a flaring kit and learn how to flare forever......

At least I'll get something out of it...

Atreid,
You should exercise extreme caution if you undertake to do flares yourself. The possibility of a leak is much greater and by the time you smell the gas the concentration is about right for an explosion. I would build the parts and test them extensively with high pressure Air or CO2 and soapy water. Flaring is relatively easy to learn, but very difficult to do properly for that gas and pressure perfect seal. I have a snap on multiple flare tool that does both single and double flares primarily for making brake line that would work nicely if the angles of the flares are compatable. I dont know what the specific spec is, but make sure you find that info and stick rigidly to it. Nothing less than perfect is good enough in this instance. Have a great and productive day and remember to let us know how it works out for you when your done Pics would be great too.
Wheelchailr Bob

Back