Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Racking to a Tertiary for a Fruit Wheat?

Old 10-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
ishkabibble
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Racking to a Tertiary for a Fruit Wheat?

I just brewed a simple 5G wheat, let it ferment for a week in a primary, traveling from a 1034 to a 1000.

Next I racked it into two secondaries--one with pasteurized raspberries and the other with mangoes. Now that sugar has been reintroduced I have a coupla righteous heads of krauzen going.

The Questions:
Will I need to rack those babies into third receptacles to clear before bottling, or just bottle right off the fruity secondaries?

Also, how the bloop do I figure an ABV with the gravities all over the place? (Just not worry about it and have a beer?)

Old 10-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
FuzzeWuzze
DIY King
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 274 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I think your fine either way...

Recently i did a Strawberry blonde that was supposed to be clear, but i didnt put into tertiary after strawberry's, i just put it straight into a keg WITH gelatin. Cloudiest beer i've ever made, to this day i have no idea what is happening..im guessing chill haze...even now well over a month at 40F in the keezer its cloudy as hell.