Identify this burner!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlmabase

Reaction score
Hi folks!

In the process of putting together my new keggle system. Was about to put in an order for a banjo burner, but a friend hooked me up with this:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0PH9EoQIk_FRTBheUwtZEZvQjg

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0PH9EoQIk_FSmNxdFlJbHZvSVE

Apparently he pulled it ou of an old commercial deep-fryer; it was one among a bank of six burners.

I'm going to have to use propane for my fuel. I'm guessing this thing originally ran off a municipal NG line. I've done plenty of digging, as far as I can tell the main issue is orifice size. But is it the orifice of the main line before air mixing, or the orifice of each of the burner jets?

The jets on this thing seem to have 1/8" ID, whereas the little brass fitting pictured has a 3/32" opening. Any chance of running this thing on propane?

Thanks in advance!

[...]I'm going to have to use propane for my fuel. I'm guessing this thing originally ran off a municipal NG line. I've done plenty of digging, as far as I can tell the main issue is orifice size. But is it the orifice of the main line before air mixing, or the orifice of each of the burner jets?

The jets on this thing seem to have 1/8" ID, whereas the little brass fitting pictured has a 3/32" opening. Any chance of running this thing on propane?

As mentioned, the links don't work. If you're describing a jet burner, the orifices are indeed in each individual jet. But, if in its previous life that burner was using NG, you may not have to replace all the jets. You will have to provide a high-volume low pressure regulator to drop your propane pressure down to the NG line level, and if you're lucky that'll do it...

Cheers!

Does it look like this? Jet burner
JETC32P.jpg

Or this? Ring burner
images

OR maybe this? Banjo Burner
images

Back